Thread: hello there!!

Default hello there!!

Hiya folks

Just thought id Wave to you all *waves* .. I was reading Sally's thread before about where is everyone!! Yah it's been a busy week. Working hard. I dont know whether I mentioned that I had the pregancy book delivered, but I have, so Iv been reading that whenever iv had a chance. DP is waiting for me to catch up to the page she's at before she continues reading. Im about 30 pages away Anyway, Im sure ill get there eventually! Its a fabulous read btw and i recommend it. I havnt seen Leisha in this arena, anyone know hows she's doing?

How are you Sally2? are things going well?

I have started charting my cycle this month, and iv been using fertilityfriend.com. although we are a fair way off yet even ttc, its good to know where and what my body does and goes through!
    I have been reading posts and i particulary noticed the gay fellas who have a friend who is carrying their new child ) the story kinda blew me away, I thought us women sometimes had hardships. Ive never really considered the other side of it, pretty self centred but Iv never personally met any fellas that are going through that or have been. So I take my hat off to you both, and I wish you all the best.

I think thats about it for me.. I like to have a chat and read so even if you dont have anything specific to post, please add it here, its always good to come online and catch up!!

cheers

Hi there D&M

We are going along nicely, two days until the NT scan and we get to see the baby !! :smile:
    Sal had a HORRIBLE dream a couple of nights ago where the baby died and has been really worried and scared that something happened to squishy but tonight we BOTH felt a funny little pulse going as a million miles a minute on top of her tummy where her uterus is so that's THE BABY'S !!! and feel much better. Phew!!
    So now we just wait to see squishy on the ultra sound, get results for odds of having a Down's baby on Thursday and, if all is well, tell EVERYONE !!!! It feels like our whole town is waiting for the BFP news as so many people have known about our IVF drama's and trying to conceive so it will be amazing when we get to tell them all!

I love reading Marc's ( mantrapped ) blogs, journal and posts, good on him and his DP for trying for a baby, I think's it's awesome !! We have some guy friends in town who were looking at doing that, found a lady to carry and everything, but she ended up pulling out at the last minute ( but before she conceived, thank goodness ). I would love to carry a child for them as they would make awesome parents, but we would have to have finished with our own family first.

Good to know that some ladies are still around posting, how exciting that you are charting your cycle, it will make it that much easier when the time comes. Good luck !!

Lea79 Guest

Hiya girls,

Yep, it has been busy! Been working flat out because uni is on the break and thought I would try and make the extra money while I can and then on the weekend my friends threw a b'day party and hangi for me! It was a great night, even if I may have enjoyed myself a bit too much hehe. Well you dont turn 29 everyday! next year hopefully I will be all filled in and none of that business going on! Well its really my birthday this Thursday but its good to celebrate with good mates and my gorgeous girl Sel of course!

The down side of the week is that AF came early, only by a few days but I want things to stay regular. Whether it was stress from working and the party on the weekend I dont know but I hope it behaves itself next month. It was weird though, it was really light and the bleeding was dark in colour just for 2 days. My AF usually last 4 to 5 days and quite normal in colour and heaviness etc. I just hope everything is ok....probably stressing over nothing!

Sally that must be awesome to feel your own baby's heartbeat, the little tike must be bouncing around the place by this stage, I hope the NT scan went all good!

D&M its great that you are charting your cycle now. We have been too but not too happy about this early AF business. I bought a basal thermometer the other day too so we might incorporate that too as before were just using the OPK's. Good luck anyway!

Talk to you girls later!

Leanne n Selena

Well, NT scan today and the ultrasound guy told us that we were unofficially in the 'low risk' category for Downs and that everything looked normal so HOORAH !!
    We haven't waited for the 'official' results on Thursday and texted everybody today, it was soooo great to be able to say Yes we are preggers !! :smile:
    It was one of the most amazing days of my life, I don't think it's hit me until tonight but we saw OUR baby tonight, not just a picture on a screen, but OUR baby! Sounds weird, I know, but we were so focused on seeing a strong heart beat and everything looking okay that we forgot that it was going to be an image of Squishy. I got quite emotional tonight talking to Mum about it all.

Anyway, enough about us,
    Happy Birthday Leanne
    Don't stress too much about your AF arriving early, things have a way of working out the right way at the right time, so when it's time for your baby to come along, things will fall into place.

Hope everyone has a great week, chat soon

Hey Here I am! Just waddling around impatiently waiting to pop this bub out already! LOL! 37 weeks means its all good to go, but I think she's comfy in there!!!!

I reckon its a good idea to start charting now, get to know your cycles and all that jazz! I hope your TTC journey isn't too long, and this time next year you'll be humungous and pregnant and moaning and groaning like me

Sally, congrats on the NT low risk, what a relief huh! I had a lot of scary dreams about losing the baby, so big hugs to you both I know how they can seem so real and scary especially at a time when you aren't really feeling much - moringi sickness (hopefully) subsiding but no really strong kicks yet... But you have made it to third trimester!! Have you got stuff for the nursery? Are you gonna find out what you're having?

Leanne... where are you up to? Are you TTC? I forget I know you told me... you have found a donor? Talk about Bubble brain

We are going great. Like I said, just waiting for the princess to make her appearance. 19 days to go and I'm kind of starting to freak out a bit. Down in the teens. I can count on my fingers and toes. Shel is starting to get excited, but I could hit her over the head sometimes - every time I get cramps or a backache or contractions she says "should we go to the hospital" I think she's just kidding, but when I'm uncomfy and irritated everything is annoying, especially that lol!

Bags are packed (as of Monday night LOL!). We have finished Bubble's room, Shel even made the bed last weekend, and I have washed everything. Kind of wished I'd left something to do now... of course, theres LOADS of housework and I have to sort out paperwork and stuff but I want to do baby related stuff but its all been done! We've even got the seat in the car ready to go.

Hopefully I'll be posting our birth announcement soon
    Last edited by Indadhanu; July 16th, 2008 at 07:10 AM.

Congratulations Sally2 - that's very exciting news. It must have been great to let your family and friends know.

We were not successful for our first insemination and are having a month break before trying again. It's weird, I know that it rarely 'takes' on the first go, but I really thought it had during that dreaded two week wait, so it was a shock and very disappointing when AF arrived.

Anyway, we'll try again next month.
    Good luck to all out.
    Cath

Hey Leasha

Really good to hear from you, I thought you'd run off and had Bubble already as I hadn't seen you cruising around BB for a while. Just hanging out for that birth announcement from you and Shel !!
    We have definitely got stuff for the nursery, we were buying cots and change tables at 10 weeks and have been collecting itty bitty clothes for months now Very exciting, we now get to walk into baby shops and confidently say Yes, we are due in January, we are three months along and can totally buy stuff without feeling like an early bird !
    We will definitely find out what sex the baby is at the 20 week scan, it's too hard not to know because while some unisex outfits etc are really cool, I would also like to be able to buy A. the pink pair of converse one stars I've been eyeing off or B the very cool tshirts & vests for boys in one of our local shops.

Cath & Denise Good Luck for your next round! lots of :babydust: vibes for next go, we got pregnant on the first go of IVF so luckily haven't had the CRUSHING disappointment of having AF arrive when you are SURE you are pregnant.
    I'm a firm believer in your baby arrriving at the right time ie the baby that you are meant to have and raise will be conceived at the right time to come into this world. Doesn't always happen on your schedule though
    Keep us posted ladies!

Lea79 Guest

Thats excellent news about the NT scan Sally! you sound like you are so very excited!

Well I got up early today, thought I would pop on here and say hello before going to work...and its my Birthday...boohoo! I am in antenatal clinics still so I really like it, its pretty cool feeling all the big bubba tummies and heartbeats and the other day i did my first ultrasound...it was really quick because I was just checking if the bub was breech or not but still quite cool!selena got me a digital frame for my birthday which i really wanted and we are going somewhere tonight, dont know where...i will have to be surprised when i get there. after such a busy social weekend it will be so nice to spend my actual birthday with just me and Sel.

Leasha...was wondering what happened to you luvy! I thought you were busy pushing bubble out for sure but good to see you still hanging around. I'm sure you just want it over with but she sounds pretty happy in mums tum! Good luck with her arrival anyhow! We are not ttc yet, December is the month for us to start. Just wana have my cycle down pat, especially cos our donor is a sydney dweller! I spose my body is just teasing me a little.

C & D I'm sorry this month wasnt the month for you but as Sally says you will fall preggers when you are meant to with the right little one. Good luck for your next round and sending u lotsa babydust!

Anyway, I best make my way to work...have a great day all!

Cheers,

Leanne