Thread: **TMI?** Embarrassing and gross habit I need to break ASAP...

Red face **TMI?** Embarrassing and gross habit I need to break ASAP...

nose picking...
    it's gross and embarrassing to admit, but I do it (only in private!) quite a bit. I need to break this habit before DS picks it up. I have no idea where to start. I hate the feeling of dried boogers in my nose, what else can you do when blowing doesn't work?

How do I do this? Is it as difficult as I'm imagining it will be?
    I've tried just not doing it but it seems it's not that easy. I need to do it, it's like an addiction. If there's a booger there it MUST be picked...

ETA- please know I'm not a disgusting/ dirty person! I find this as foul as the next person but cannot seem to stop.
    Last edited by Calluna; July 7th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

*shifty whistling*

if the only reason you want to stop is because your worried DS will copy then dont worry he will do it anyways if you do it in private i cant see a problem...now if you where walking down the street doing it thats a whole different story

Please, tell me you put a tissue over your finger and wrap up the booger to dispose of it??????

You don't..... eat it....... do you????

My DS likes to pick, I tell him it's ok as long as he uses a tissue. And I tell him to get the job done and get out of there, it's a nose not a playground.

Quote Originally Posted by nickle730 View Post
    You don't..... eat it....... do you????

lol I had to post a reply caues you've totally made me giggle. Firstly I think kids will pick their nose regardless and secondly it would be great for you to use a tissue or hanki all the time that way your DS will see that often and hopefully you wont have a challenge getting him to use one when he has a cold or boogers up there KWIM, it's actually a good thing that you will have an opportunity to teach him cause it'll be much nicer than him picking his nose and eating it or wiping it on his sleave!

no no eating here. I wash my hands or use a tissue.

The problem is that he's already started copying me a bit, he hasn't worked out the up his own nose part yet but will try to stick his finger up my nose or touch the end of his. Lol it's kinda cute in a gross way.

I'm a bit worried about when he starts to talk and someone asks him where he got that from and he says "Mummy does it"

I'm soo glad some people have seen the funny side, makes me feel a little better.

when i was little my uncle who had a missing finger told me when he was younger he was picking his nose and his finger got stuck so the doctors had to chop of his finger and use a corkscrew to get his finger out I never picked my nose again

Heather, remind me not to sit next to you at the BB Gold Coast Dinner in July hahaha!!

Aww but then I cant wipe my boogers on you. I promise to wash my hands at least 3 times between last pick and arriving at the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Heva&Zacky View Post
    Aww but then I cant wipe my boogers on you. I promise to wash my hands at least 3 times between last pick and arriving at the restaurant.
    Ewwwww!!!! You really are a nose-picker