Thread: Anyone had a leg vein removed?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Anyone had a leg vein removed?

I don't have those protruding veins sticking out my legs, but since I was a teenager (and stood for many hours at a time at work) I have had a really dark vein behind one of my legs that I have been concious of. I want to get it removed, from what I understand it will be an injectible thing to close off the vein. Has anyone had this done? Any tips/advice? Coming up to summer, I just want to not care about the back of my leg!!!

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Hi Kelly,

My mum had that done a few years ago, she was the same as you, she didn't have protruding buldgy veins, but wanted to be able to show off her legs for summer, and they just injected something into the veins and they closed down i think, she had to wear those oh so sexy in flight socks for a while to help control the blood flow... but she didn't have any trouble getting it done or with after-care, and she doesn't regret it!

I know that doesn't really help, but i think you should go for it!

Yeah sounds like what I have to do and yep wear those unsightly compression bandages for a while LOL! Best while John is on leave I guess. You have to walk for 30 mins a day too, in order to get the circulation going. Did she say if it hurt? My mum had it done ages ago too, when I was younger.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

My mum said it was just the injection that hurt, i remember her saying it wasn't as bad as what she thought it would be, and the recovery was shorter than what she expected too Sorry i'm still not much help!

I wonder if it's hereditary LOL!! If it is, i'll be getting it done too!! Good luck getting it done Kelly! You'll be fine!

Apparently that is a factor Will let you know how I go!!! Might wait a few weeks until the births settle down - a bit crazy with lots of women due at the moment. Maybe I will schedule it for December but if it's a quick recovery then I might do it sooner!
    Kelly xx

I had this done on Friday! Have to wear stockings for a bit but thank goodness they are designed to look fashionable. I think I am getting away with it, need to in this hot weather lol!

The doctor said it woked really well, I haven't seen it yet but will in a day or two when I can take the stockings off at night. Most of it didn't hurt but two of the injections hurt afterwards, the vein goes into spasm and gets really stingy... felt like a beesting after but he put some cream on it to calm it down. Feeling fine now though, just can't wait to get stockings off!
    Kelly xx

wow kelly! go the short skirts this summer