Thread: asthma issue urgent!!!

Default asthma issue urgent!!!

so all day today i have been feeling really tight in my chest and coughing lots because i haven't been able to breathe properly.
    i have taken my ventolin and tonight i had a really hot steamy shower with some euycalyptus(sp??) oil.
    my heart seems to be going a hundred mile an hour. is this because i can't breathe or can i not breathe because my heart is racing?

any help would be great. im getting kind of worried and wonder if i should just wait it out til morning or go to the hospital tonight.

didn't want to read and not reply - if you're worried then go to the hospital, you'll only get yourself more worked up and more distressed the more you worry about what's going on.

hopefully the hospital can put your mind at rest and sort you out.

Weird I posted and it didn't show.

Go to the hossy babe. If you can't breath properly and your heart is racing then it definately deserves a trip to hospital. Get someone to drive you or call the ambulance if no one can take you. You don't want to
    mess around with asthma.

Hope you feel better soon.

Spring xx

Ventolin can cause an increase in HR as it builds up in your system.

How is your breathing atm?

I think it is worth a trip to the hospital as well, JIC

I am use to looking for chest recessions, and a traecheal tug in DD they are the signs we look for, but even when you are resting if you are having trouble best to get checked

Go the hospital hun, better be safe the sorry. Is your ventolin in date? DH had an attack once because all his medications were out of date and werent working. His heart rate always rises after he takes his Bricanyl. Hope it eases soon

thanks for all the replies.
    i didn't know that about ventolin. mine is in date as i did check that today. since about 3 this arvie i have had 2 puffs every 2-3 hours.
    i think it is a bit better now. there isn't the pressure in my chest anymore and my heart has slowed down a bit. im about to go to bed after i finish my hot cuppa tea.
    if i wake up with it i will go straight to dr.

thanks again. it was just strange as i haven't had it like this before.

How are you this morning hun?

I hope you a breathing and feeling a lot better
    Take care xxoo

thanks again for all your concern.
    this morning i can breathe and my chest is fine but i feel like death in every other way.
    it must have been my body getting ready for this cold that i now have. i can barely speak this morning.

Hon this happened to me last when I got a cold, you should really go see GP today and get a preventative, they take a while to work but that in conjunction with the ventolin should work. also my GP made me go buy a spacer to take the ventolin to breathe more in, I could hardly breathe for days and even when lying down I couldnt lie on my left side to breathe. I took ventolin every 3 hours. Ive got the same darn cold again now so am upping the meds now so it doesnt get worse again. Hope u feel better soon.