Thread: Burst ovarian cyst?

Default Burst ovarian cyst?

Hi all!

This morning i was woken up by a MASSIVE pain in the stomach.

I couldnt move at all, i eventually made my way to the toilet and it made the pain worse when i pee'd.
    It was in the same spot you would get period pain, but it was a very sharp pain (not dull period cramps)
    It lasted for about an hour then went away, but it was really tender for a while.. it still is now if i push on it.
    I felt really nauseous when it was all happening.. Does this sound like it to you?

Default Burst ovarian cyst?

Ouch! How have you felt all day afterwards? Are you close to af and this might explain it? Sorry I can't be of more help; two things I thought was burst cyst of ectopic...don't know how likely that is for you..? If you're still feeling tender, or it happens again I'd probably get it checked out. Sorry I couldn't be more useful

ectopic or appendicitis?? i really hope it eases - if not go to your local E.R. huge hugs xxx

Sounds like it could be a burst cyst, i had the same kind of symptoms when mine did. Spent a good hour curled up in bed with the most excruisating pain ever! Was tender for a bit then disapeared. When i had an ultrasound while pregnant with DS they found another one that was quiet large and a bleed from where the otherone had burst. So glad the pregnancy made the other one disapear!

When I had mine I had to go to hospital... it was very severe. Lasted for about 24hrs.

sounds like it could be a burst cyst I hope the pain has eased off for u
    If ur still having pain I suggest going to the doctors and asking for a scan just to be sure there hasn't been any damage

I have experienced pain like that turned out to be a burst cyst as well as appendicitis. If the pain doesnt subside or gets worse definitely get yourself to the emergency dept.

Default Re:Burst ovarian cyst?

How are you today babe?

I was also going to mention possibly a uti last night? And say that i've had a burst cyst when i had a mc, the pain was very intense and from what i recall didnt subside for a good few hours. Hope you figure it out and you're feeling better today :::::::::::6*5:::::::::

Thanks for the replies!
    Its still tender but no where near as bad as the pain i experienced yesterday!
    Im going to make an app with the GP tomorrow, would they be able to tell?

Had an app with Gp today, hes not sure if its cysts or PID.. had to do a swab today and get ultrasound next week...

When I get a burst cyst the pain lasts for a few days - to the point where I kinda limp, and am half crouched over because it's agony to straighten up. I've been to the doc and the ER before, thinking it was ectopic, but once they ruled that out they didn't really care, just told me to take a coupla Panadol

Could you have ovulated?

Hope it's not pid hun