Thread: Calling all Soy Milk Drinkers...

Question Calling all Soy Milk Drinkers...

Ok so Im cutting out dairy to see if it will help Isabelle's eczema.
    I LOVE my cereal cheese etc aaaah well.

So what brands do you prefer!?? Are some stronger than others? I really dont like the taste but am going to mix it in slowly until I have phased out cows milk.

I have it for my weet bix and other cereal, and for coffees!
    TIA

soy milk is all different, maybe try getting a uht brand and a fresh brand(in fridge) and see which you prefer, I have tried quite a few and they really are very different in taste, look, texture etc.
    So good (fresh one ) is (according to my sil/vegan) too watery... I have never tried it but dont mind the uht one.
    hope that helps!
    p.s.
    my mum and dad raised me on soy and goats milk from about the age of 3 on advice from natropath, I actually really like tha taste of it!

I like the "Australia's Own" Malt Free Soy Milk - normally in the health food section. I found it wasn't as watery as some and didn't have that sugary taste like others do - YUK.

One of the girls at mothers group told me that soy milk still has lactose (or soemthing along those line) and that if Im cutting out dairy I shouldnt have soy milk either? Maybe rice milk would be better? Ive never had rice milk - am assuming I couldnt use it coffee though. Does anyone know if this is true?

Soy milk doesn't have lactose but it is one of the top 5 allergic things... So I went onto soy milk with Jovie & it made things worse so I went to rice milk and that worked really well. Jovie is allergic to soy and cows milk. But our other daughter Matilda is fine with soy.

I love the long-life So Good, I usually have a small tetra-pack on my way to work. I've just recently tried the Lite version which is ok but doesn't have that lovely creamy taste that the original has.

Yep, rice milk is a very low allergen apparently but I've never tried it myself. I wonder if helping build up your DD's overall health could be a better way. My DD used to get eczema when she was run down health-wise. When I focused on improving her overall health with healthier foods and multivitamins she got better and it went away. These days I'd give InLiven instead of a multivitamin because it's absorbed by the body better. I often slip it into the boys' juice... they don't notice it... and they have never had eczema... but maybe they were never going to get it anyhow. Who knows? I also use more skin friendly products with my boys than I did with my DD and I think that has a lot to do with it.

If you choose to go down the soy path then, to get a taste for it, try making some banana smoothies with a pinch of cinnamon and honey etc. I find the flavour of soy actually nicer than milk in smoothies these days and it helps me accept it in other ways if need be.

I drink the brand called Soy-Milky (I think). It's in the cold section in a blue and white carton. I've tried almost every brand and I thinks it's the nicest, if I can't get it I drink the one in the orange carton So Good I think.

I've tried rice and oat milk and didn't really like them but everyone has different tastes!

Try a few and see what you like - they are all quite different.

I've tried So Good and Soy Milky. I wasnt too keen on So Good. I prefered the Soy Milky. We have tried another brand, but I cnt remember the name of it.
    The flavoured ones are quite nice as well. I couldnt drink the plain stuff on my cereal. I couldnt handle the taste.

Soy Milky tastes the most like regular milk of all the ones I have tried (so good, bonsoy, Australia's own (? something like that), vitasoy). The full fat ones taste significantly better than the low fat ones as a rule, however the so-good one thats in the purple-ish carton was not bad either.

Rice milk has a different texture and can be a bit grainy, but Milo drink this fine - its what he has if he gets gastro-induced lactose intolerance. Soy milk constipates him so he can't have that.

im a soy milk lover!

I buy the one litre carton of long life "so good- no fat". It is seriously the best tasting one, even though it has no fat!

I also reckon the Aldi lite soy is also pretty damn good for 99 cents!