Thread: Dont think this normal

Default Dont think this normal

Right now I have the shakes, kind of seeing double, quite hot and feel I could pass out.

I feel like this whe I need to eat. So I ate, yet the feeling still here......

Massive hot flush, has taken over?

How are you feeling now? Hope you're OK .

I get exactly the same way when I need to eat too and if I've left it too long, it takes a while to feel normal again after eating.

Hope it's passed! If not, maybe you are coming down with something? If you're really worried, call Nurse On Call .

I get like that when my blood sugars are too low (usually during pregnancy) or my blood pressure is a bit low.

Go to the GP and get checked out love.

Its gone now Aslong as its normal

I dont eat any sugar so that might be the problem. Think I might have to go eat a block of chocolate!

I get this too and the drs have never been able to tell me what was wrong. I think it is somehow an interaction between my sugar levels and another vitamin/mineral as I only get it when I am pretty low in sugar but haven't take a multi-vit for a while. But I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by krysalyss View Post
    I get this too and the drs have never been able to tell me what was wrong. I think it is somehow an interaction between my sugar levels and another vitamin/mineral as I only get it when I am pretty low in sugar but haven't take a multi-vit for a while. But I really don't know.
    Feels horrible! I had no control over my body, it was very hard to write that post!

hope your ok.
    Is it possible you have low iron? i have to take iron suppliments in each pregnancey, as my iron drops very low, to the point i develop anemia from it, i become light headed, dizzy no energy and all the rest of it, i feel better if i have the iron, but feel like i should realy be having more, so might have to find one that has a higher iron level. its can be found out on blood tests, if your hemoglobin is low, then that is the cause. hope this helps. mine also picks up if i eat food rich in iron as well as the suppliments. iron rich foods, red meat (such as beef, veal and lamb), with lesser amounts in chicken, fish, pork, ham and eggs. Shellfish are quite high in iron content. also having juice with vitamin c or folate added can help absorb the iron in food.
    hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah 87 View Post
    hope your ok.
    Is it possible you have low iron? i have to take iron suppliments in each pregnancey, as my iron drops very low, to the point i develop anemia from it, i become light headed, dizzy no energy and all the rest of it, i feel better if i have the iron, but feel like i should realy be having more, so might have to find one that has a higher iron level. its can be found out on blood tests, if your hemoglobin is low, then that is the cause. hope this helps. mine also picks up if i eat food rich in iron as well as the suppliments. iron rich foods, red meat (such as beef, veal and lamb), with lesser amounts in chicken, fish, pork, ham and eggs. Shellfish are quite high in iron content. also having juice with vitamin c or folate added can help absorb the iron in food.
    hope this helps!
    Helps heaps thanks!

I have always had really low iron I didn't even think it might be connected

thats ok, ive always got low iron, with my daughter, the midwives were amazed i was able to walk arround, and i was always getting told off for not taking my iron pills every midwife check (i was, they just wernt working!) as my iron was dropping so low each time they were convinced i wasnt taking them!!
    hope this helps and you feel better soon, i have to go the chemist and get ones with a higher content again, as the ones im on now are having no effect, again!! (and its still only early days yet, oh fun!!)

smiles4u Guest

Lightbulb

Kass i would seriously get an overall checkup for blood pressure, cholesterol, vitamin K, iron, etc ... it's really worth it for peace of mind

... i had one this year (although i had a very extensive one purely based on cause i wasn't feeling well for a long time and the tests couldn't be done all at once but at intervals of about every two weeks) ... turns out i got great results on all the tests which i was rapt about and other than they found at the time had an i inflammed liver from surgery drug side effects, liver ended up going back to normal !! ... The tests didn't cost$ me anything (bulk billed), other than the GP appt fee.

I really am a few yrs overdue for an overall check up