Thread: Dr Sandra Cabot & Liver Cleansing Diet???

Default Dr Sandra Cabot & Liver Cleansing Diet???

Hi all, I'm here with a bit of a blast from the past: Dr Sandra Cabot and her liver cleansing diet...anyone done it? Recently? How did you find it?

Also, anyone used her Livatone (plus) formula?

I first read this way back in the early 90s (wasn't she on Oprah around then too?) and thought it was a bit of a crock - my GF was heavily into detoxing at the time...it just seemed a bit unnecessary. BUT here I am nearly 20 years later, having myself a fatty liver issue, I'm rethinking. Definitely a goer with the fresh veggies & fruits & juices, cutting back on the animal protein, and excess refined carbs...But I'm not giving up dairy!! hehe.

Wow - yes I did this back in the 90's and got great results. I felt wonderful doing it and I actually still use some of the recipes as some were really yummy!

I didn't use the tonic though.

my mum and dad did it for a few months and felt fantastic afterwards, dropped a bit of weight with it too. they still use some of the recipes, and every now and then they go back on it for a few weeks to cleanse out the system. not something I could do long term but its not too bad

I followed the diet (didn't use the tonic) about 5 years ago and it made me pretty sick! I would talk to your GP before giving it a go. It's not for everyone.

ExH and I went on it before we got married. GREAT results! He looked 10 years younger, eyes bright, skin clear - I felt pretty good too.

BUT, I didn't follow it to a T, I just followed guidelines and cooked most of the recipes. I never do anything to extremes!

i managed it for about 3 weeks before my blood peressure completely dropped and i was dizzy/almost fainting.

check with your doc first hun

Ok, well I'm going to jump in here and say the liver cleansing diet is off the menu for a while...however will take the livatone for a few weeks and then stop for a bit before my treatment starts - it has a fantastic collection of top-grade antioxidants in it. Following my intuition here.

I've sort of been 'off' food - which is rare for me and reflects my state of mind - but find the only food that is really appealing to me at all is fresh fresh fresh food. Everything else is kind of like...why would you bother? So that's probably a bit of a self-generated liver cleansing regime. Sandra Cabot eat your heart out hun.

The recipes are good to try, they really are. I really loved having TONS of fresh stuff to chop up and prepare. The wild rice stuffed tomatoes and the stuffed potates are great and quick too!