Thread: Fake tan - whats the best brand?

Question Fake tan - whats the best brand?

I have a wedding to go next weekend, my dress is black with pink flowers on the bottom and my ghostly white legs arent a good look!

Whats the best, inexpensive fake tan you have used?

Id go for Le Tan - get the cream though its newish but an old no streak formular and it really works
    good luck.

I saw on Today/Tonight, A Current Affair new "tan" stockings - guaranteed way to get it even lol

They have no toe so can be worn with open shoes and they looked pretty good......will go google and see if I can find the brand, think it was Voodoo

Or maybe a spray tan? I second the le tan cream (not the spray, too hard) In winter I generally embrace the pale, but summer I tan up, I use either le tan cream or dove summer glow. Make sure you prep your skin properly for it though; clean skin, exfoliate, dry it...there are pre tan products you can get also, helps prolong it and further aviods streaks.

PZ- haha i once put dove summer glow on my face because i thought it would save me having to chuck makeup on in the morning and OMGosh! My face went yellow for weeks

Thanks ladies.

I've been looking at that Le tan stuff for a few weeks now and wondered what it was like.

Hmmmm if im still going to the wedding ill have to give it a go.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Mancine Summer Tan or St Tropez get rated highly on Vogue. I used Summer Tan last year and it was really nice, but there was a sun shower not long after I put it on and it ran But gorgeous colour.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I LOVE Sally Hansen spray can.... really soft and mild colour, and you just rub it in after spraying on... you can coat it on so its get darker, but I just use one fine mist coat and its great....

Have always used St Tropez or Le Tan, works great, just remember to moisturise your knees, ankles and feet really really well and then use the tanning product sparingly on those areas!

I like the Ella Bache one. It isnt cheap but is a really nice colour (I'm very pale). Its more yellow based than orange based (as in the undertone colour).

I love Vani-T Liquid Sun.. It's a spray tan. I have tried trillions of tans (haha) and this is by far the best for me and my absolute fave... I also like St Tropez and for night only you can't go past Aruba, but ArubaTan is a bit orange through the day, St Tropez & Liquid Sun aren't... For Tan Moisturisers, I like the Palmers one.. I am not a fan of at home creams, they ALWAYS seem to leave my plams and the gaps between my fingers orange even though I thoroughly wash them after, it just seems too late by the time the cream is on and my ankles get those white lines from the creases in the back of your foot... The spray tan sets fast so none of this happens and your plams don't actually get sprayed so that's taken care of! I also like that with a Spray Tan you can see coverage INSTANTLY whereas with the home creams, you have to wait until a few hours later or the next morning and by then it's too late... I have used at home "spray tan in a can" jobbies too and really like the Model Co one even though it is $45 - It's cheaer to get aalon spray tan anyway! I am about to add Spray Tans to my business and Vani-T is the one I have chosen after trialling so many. I also have friends who swear by Techno Tan & Naked Tan, but I am not such a fan. Really though, every tan can sometimes look different on each skin type so it's kind of an individual find the one that suits you sort of thing.. Good luck hun!