Thread: How can I boost my immune system?

Default How can I boost my immune system?

I feel really run down lately, I've got a cold that I cant seem to shake and its starting to affect my parenting! Is there anything I can do to give my immune system a boost and kick this bug to the curb!? I've been on cold & flu and panadol on and off for a couple of wks now.

Sleep lots, and eat plenty of fresh foods with lots of antioxidants in them. When i'm feeling run down I make a tomato soup with lots of garlic and some seafood in it,the combination of the vit c, the garlic and the zinc makes a real difference! There are also some very good tonics at the health food shop like Floravit that can be good when you're run down.

Can you have your parents mind M for a bit so you can get some catch up sleep - maybe an afternoon or two in bed is just what you need?

Olive Leaf Extract (liquid form)..... health food stores

You need to take a holistic approach to it and look at your entire lifestyle. Look at what you eat and how it affects your gut - raw veges are better than cooked in some instances. And 70% of the body's bacteria lives in your gut, so if you fix that first, you have a good chance of getting everything else right. I would recommend a probiotic to get your gut in order as a starting point.