Thread: Mummy Melt Down Weekend

Default Mummy Melt Down Weekend

I am having one next weekend!!! 3 friends & I have got a 2 bedroom self-contained apartment off Darling Harbour in Sydney for one night. We are going to go to a movie first and then check in & enjoy the spa & sauna & walk down for dinner & ****tails & back for.... sleep. Blissful sleep, uninterrupted by the sounds of : Mmmmuuuuuummmmyyyyy!!!!

This will be the first time for most of us to be away from the entire family for a night. And I think its something we need to do more often I think every Mum should be entitled to a Mummy Melt Down Weekend as part of a preventative against more and more melt downs.

I'm so excited I just thought I'd encourage others out there who need it, desperately need it to go out & away for a night & not feel guilty. I repeat the biggest thing is to NOT FEEL GUILTY! But to rest up & enjoy your time away so you come back home rested & relaxed.

Oh Christy!! Sounds absolutely fabulous hun!!!!!!!!! I read your other thread this morning and sounds like you need the time away!!!!! I might steal your idea and organise something similar!

Ooh, I need one of those. But working ft the weekends are the main time I see the boys so I'd miss them too much!

I hope you have a fantastic time Christy.

I sooooo need to do that too!

Hope you have a great time and come back all refreshed

Sounds like a brilliant idea! Enjoy!

WOOT!!! I'm leaving today. Counting the hours...

I started to feel so guilty last night, I felt bad about leaving DH with the girls and felt bad about leaving my beautiful girls. I will have to leave that guilt here though.... otherwise its not worth it.

Christy, think of it as a wonderful opportunity for your DH to bond with the girls. They will have a great time hun and so will you. Go and enjoy!!

Yay!!! Have a lovely time away and leave that guilt behind!!! They will benefit just as much in the end! Good on you Let us know how it goes!

That sounds like HEAVEN! My parents took DD overnight once, I went clubbing and then slept until the afternoon, it was pure awesome!

How did you go??

OMG it was bliss..... so nice to sit & drink wine with friends with no noise other than us