Thread: My Detox Blog Sorta!!! Started Monday 16th March - 3 Weeks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up My Detox Blog Sorta!!! Started Monday 16th March - 3 Weeks

Here are the details of this detox I am doing, under the guidance of BB's Nicole Tracy

Its basically a no dairy, wheat, sugar, alcohol, caffeine or red meat detox. You might think whats left lol but I can have chicken/fish and fruit and veg as well as the powder which is vanilla flavoured.

I wanted to do this detox for a while, but now as my 30th draws near, I want to look smashing for it.... 18th of April... but this detox is three weeks long, which will fall short of an event I am going to which I plan to retox myself!!! And I will, so have to work hard...

This all started a couple of weeks ago though, was on Tony Ferguson and the first week from Mon-Thurs I was doing 30 mins on the exercise bike plus walking where I could, but from Friday til the end of the following week (except one day) I was doing an hour. So the first few days on this detox I cant exercise due to the energy demands changing in the body. Will be nice to have a rest but I now feel unhealthy and bad if I dont!

Day 1 - Monday 16th March

Okay day 1... was much easier than I expected. Considering all I could have was liquids all day (fresh juices) I thought I would be starving, but I think having done Tony Ferguson for 1-2 weeks before and also a bit of pre detox, e.g. switching to soy & rice milk, reducing dairy and red meat, I think this hugely helped. The biggest test for me is and was sugar in my tea. I bought some Rooiboos tea, which is caffeine free and not bad, did a taste test the day before I started - but I didn't have any today. Amazing, I am a tea freak and I had no tea and coped!

The hardest thing for me was the lemon juice in the morning, but I did it because I know how good it is for the liver. I had to squeeze the juice out of one lemon and put it in a mug of hot water. ECK!! So sour and awful, it sucks. Had a really late night so started to get hungry by the end of it but that is normal when I have a late night, so just went to bed. The next hardest thing to the lemon was trying to drink my recommended 2.5lt water a day and also cooking dinner for the kids. I wanted to have some too!!!

Was very surprised that carrot juice filled me up. All the juices actually, which was good.

I felt very flat and fatigued today, was so so so tired which is expected on a detox at first... I had acupuncture first thing in the morning and fell asleep on the table as usual but still was tired. So I went home and had a nap in the afternoon, was an hour or two but broken with phone calls for BB!

Day 2 - Tuesday 17th March

Today was harder. Again tired and starting to feel quite grumpy too. I feel a little clearer in my head, but still tired. Today I started the protein powder, still no solid foods. It was yummy actually and I looked forward to it. You have it morning, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner so I have felt quite full, but dinner was a killer tonight. I wanted to scoff into the dinner i made for the kids too. MMMMM pasta and chicken.... but I wont. I can't... I have to finish this and remember that tomorrow I can start eating real food!!!

Right now I am sitting down with my rooibos tea flavoured with stevia and ricemilk. Its ok. It helps. LOL.

Day 3 - Wednesday 18th March

Weigh in: Loss 1.6kgs!!!!!!

Today has been a pretty good day, Wednesdays are my day off, so had my protein powder in the morning, took the kids to school and the gap between that and lunch was harder. I had a Rooibos tea to help. I had real food for lunch! So exciting, had fish. Then I aimed to do 30 mins on the exercise bike, but ended up doing an hour as a good friend of mine was online on FB and kept me distracted and whipping my butt while I did it lol. Was really tough going the first 10 mins or so but once I was into it, was great. Very tired after, but had a shower and got myself ready for a photoshoot with the kids for the MSR stuff. Came home, made dinner, and had eggs and vegies Water was easier to drink today. Feeling great especially knowing I have lost a good amount of weight already, and I know I will still lose more yet! YAH!!!! I think I can do this!!!!

Day 4 - Thursday 19th March

Today I am _sooooooo_ tired!!! I have been going to bed late, like 12pm-1am, but last night I also felt sooooo flat and down. I think I am overdoing the exercise so wont do it today, and then after just do 30 mins at a time, its too much.... my legs were aching and I was so tired I was grumpy at everyone! Today I am feeling better mood wise, but veeeeeery sleepy and my muscles in my legs feel sore when I go up stairs etc, which is weird because I never had that doing the same thing over the last two weeks. The time between breakfast and lunch was easier today, as I was off doing a post-natal visit, so it kept me busy. Filled up at lunch and I find its easy after that, you can have afternoon tea and dinner... just cooking dinner for the kids and the smells is tough! But I am going to stick to it! Really happy I dont have to drink lemon anymore LOL. So yeah.... plodding along and looking forward to seeing more results and feeling better. Next week I am sure it will be much better!!! Need to drink more water for today, dragging behind a bit because I have been out and about... looking forward to chicken for dinner.

ETA: Its 7.15pm... had poached chicken for dinner (surprising how it can hit the spot even when poached just in water) and it was yum. But I am freaking knackered. Even bending down to pick stuff up is an effort, I just want to sit on my butt and do nothing So so drained. Thank god the weekend is almost here, need to be able to relax a little more and catch up with myself. Think I will have a Rooibos tea and put my feet up now... and need to drink more water. AND pray the kids are easy tonight which is not likely!

Day 5 - Friday 20th March

Weigh in: Total Loss to Date 2.0kgs!!!!!!

Today I was really tired, couldnt manage exercise again. But I stuck to my detox, which I am finding quite good, easier than expected. I guess having a goal is a huge help. I decided I might book in to get my iron levels checked, its been low over the last 12 months and I can't work out why I get so lethargic all the time. Had fish for dinner, got some grilled whiting from the local fish and chip shop, I hate cooking fish at home, but should do it more often. Because I keep more tuna at home, the kids come home from school and snack on a small tin of tuna, which is a good thing, so I will try and eat more fish longer term too. Feeling good about losing 2kgs already, and water is going down well. I think I can notice the weight loss in my face now and sometimes I look at my arms and legs think I have lost a bit there too.

Day 6 - Saturday 21st March

Weigh in: Total Loss to Date 2.5kgs!!!!!!

What an awesome surprise to wake up to - a total loss of 2.5kgs and the week isn't up yet!!! Had a big sleep in with the kids not here, woke up at 11am after waking a few times this morning and going back to sleep. So feel more refreshed Have had a relaxing morning, will do some exercise today and keep plugging away with the water. I think I have a slightly trimmer tummy? Just noticing little things which is great... and in two more weeks its going to be even more wonderful to see the difference. I'm so proud of myself!

Day 7 - Sunday 22nd March

200g more down this morning. Well, thats a week done for me!!! Two more of those to go and I look forward to it because I have lost weight every day, even if a few hundred grams, I have lost something. I found it heaps easier this weekend, as the kids are at their dads and so I didnt have to deal with making food for them I can't eat. Even looking at people eat sandwiches today had me going crazy, I wanted a sandwich so much today!!! Oh well, I am doing well, stuck to the plan again. I hope I can lose around the same weight next week also and I look forward to seeing the difference as I lose more weight Had a nice nanna nap today too so helped with my energy levels alot. Bring on week 2!!!

Day 8 - Monday 23rd March

Today I started to notice for the first time that I felt ALOT more alert than normal. I am NOT doing myself any favours by staying up until 2am then up at 6.30am, but hey, it's my crazy priorities at the moment ROFL!!! So still feel a little tired but really really alert, it feels great. Even Chris, my acupuncturist said to me, gee whats wrong with you, you look fresh and happy! Other things are contributing to the happy thing at the moment but I guess as they say you do look brighter with a detox and it is nice when people see something is different, especially after just a week. I actually put on a few hundred grams today but I am not worried, I have still lost over 2kgs for the week and it would be in line of what I expected speaking to Nicole. Hated making dinner for the kids tonight, I wanted some too But I didnt cheat. I actually had some extra fruit today cos I was hungry, hope I didnt spoil it!!! Feeling really tired right now though, at 6.30pm, I think lack of sleep... I better squeeze in some early nights real soon, I want to feel the awesomeness without the tiredness! I had my iron checked today just in case, will get the results soon.
    Last edited by BellyBelly; March 22nd, 2009 at 06:42 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Okay added some stuff... feel free to ask questions etc, Nicole might be able to pop in and answer any you have detox related, or I can too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

Default Well Done!

Kelly...

You're wonderful! So good to keep a diary/blog of a detox, cos you do go through a few challenges during this time. Day one and two are the most difficult, and from then on, things get easier and more delicious. It is amazing how good solid food tastes on day three... I guarantee that your breakky tomorrow will be one of the most memorable meals of your life

Keep up the fantastic job, and remember it is only for a few weeks. So impressed that you're drinking Rooibos tea! Who'd have thought...

Lots of love
    xxx

Hehehe!!! I'm actually looking forward to lunch.... mmmm fish or chicken The detox powder is really nice with ricemilk, i'm enjoying it!!!
    Kelly xx

Well Done Kelly for taking this step .

As Nicole said you have got through those 2 first hard days... it will be great from now on and your energy will flow. You are going to look stunning for your 30th!

I have suscribed to your thread hoping to get inspiration. After my miscarriage last week I am thinking I need to get my body and mind back into shape. I am hoping for a VBAC so I need all the help I can get in having a healthy pregnancy and baby. Maybe a visit to Nicole might help me too!

Looking forward to following your journey .

1.6kgs gone after 2 days!!! I'm loving this...a bit of motivation and I can eat food today!!! YAH!!! Off to have another Rooibos tea :P
    Kelly xx

well done on the 1.6kg loss kell!!
    not sure how your doing the lemon/hot water thing!! yuk

oh Kelly.. well done on doing something for yourself!

Im going to go and have a squiz now at the detox and I might be joining you in this boat

updated
    Kelly xx