Thread: restless leg syndrome

Question restless leg syndrome

ok i have been looking this is up and I think it's what I have. When I was younger (like about 8 years old) it all started, but the last week it has come back to the point where I can't sleep It takes me abut 4 hours to go to sleep I wenr to work last night, got home at 10 and went to bed at 11pm, now been up since 2.30am. I am soo tired but I can't sleep becuz of the legs and I just keep waking up. Hope that makes sense. Is there anything I can get over the counter to help? I know they say cut down on caffeine and what not, but I wan a quick solution lol TIA

Renee....sorry to hear your having problems with your leg.

I watched a programme last week that had a girl with very similar to what you are saying your experiencing although her leg would shake uncontrollably all the time,she could not hold her leg still, she could not walk and the pain she endured was enormus(sp?).
    Please go to your doctor now before the problem gets any worse.

Take care and let us know how everything is going.

Hi Renee,

Restless leg syndrome is very common. I've heard magnesium is suppose to help with restless legs. I'm not sure if there are any prescription medicines to help.

I had restless legs when I was pregnant (and also if I don't stretch properly after training). I found that massage and stretching helped - you could give these a go before going to bed.

HTH and hope it settles soon so you can get some rest!

MG

I don't have a bad problem with it, not as bad as it sounds with you, but I've found that not sitting down for a long time before bed helps. If I sit watching a movie before bed than by the time I try to sleep I can't keep my legs still.
    I've also found that no pressure on my legs help, like DH learnt the hard way that he can't put his legs anywhere near mine when trying to sleep(it only took a few kicks )
    HTH

Thanks so much everyone, asked my dr when I went there the other day, wasn;t my normal dr so wasn;t much help. But I have found the more i try to stop the more I cant IYKWIM? I will def be having a look into the magnesuim and standing for a long period of time and what not before bed helps becuz I am so tired they don;t move but doing that makes me tired lol.