thread: Swollen Lymfnodes (sp???)

Jun 2007
    Where Chaos is fun and plentiful!!!!

Question Swollen Lymfnodes (sp???)

I have like a big lump on the back of both my knees and also under my arms get sore- my cousin who is a nurse had a look at my knees and said that it looked like swollen lymfnodes (not sure at all about spelling there!!! lol

She said they can swell abit if you are run down or tired- and if i was worried to get them checked- which i think i will do- but i was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar thing?

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

I have had swollem Lymph nodes for years. One is like a pea in my neck it gets a bit bigger then goes down a bit and up and down. Never goes away. I also have the exact same ones in my groin (where the pubs start) they have never being a problem for me although I wish they weren't there. I've had tests to make sure they weren't related to anything nasty but it was all clear apparently its very common. I have a goiter also which I hate but my thyroid function is normal. I think with swollen lymph nodes they check your thyroid function and some other blood tests. I'd get them checked out if your like me they will be nothing to worry about.

Jan 2009

The lymphnode is where the bad stuff gets filtered to when you have infection, etc in your body. That is why we get swollen glands (which are actually lymphnodes) in our neck when we have a sore throat or tontislitis. Women with breast cancer often have the lymphnodes taken from under the armpits as cancer cells can be filtered to there by the body.
    These are the bits that swell if you get the mumps too - there are also ones in the groin. I would say if they stay swollen and sore for any length of time, you should get it checked out by your GP.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Please get them checked. There are lots of reasons why they might be swollen, many of them temporary. I don't want to scare you but there are a couple of more serious conditions that also show up as swollen lymph nodes. So if they've been like this for a while then you should definitely see your GP for some blood tests and further investigations, just to make sure everything is ok.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Starbright - did you go to the dr and get your lymphnodes checked? Have they gone down again? Is everything ok?

Jun 2007
    Where Chaos is fun and plentiful!!!!

Thanks Marydean!!

I did go to the dr, he said he couldnt feel the actual lymphnodes swollen- but i have a build up of fluid there which he said could be from bending down alot- or just having my knee bent alot as i do when i breast feed- he said to come back again if i am at all worried- and to try some walking or excersice to stretch the knee out a bit.

Thanks again for checking in with me