Thread: What do You do?

kirsty_lee Guest

Default What do You do?

So although I know that tiredness comes part of pregnancy, this is just beyond ridiculous. I'm getting my Iron & hopefully my vitamin D levels checked next week but oh lordy I am tired. And not just a bit of a yawn soldier on tired, I mean holy crap its only 11am im exhausted, struggling to keep my eyes open and want to cry, tired. So I thought i'd ask what you guys do to combat your tiredness (other than the obvious, sleep) is there certain foods? tricks? anything?

Fresh air? A walk maybe?

Maybe you just need more rest hun? How far along are you now?

kirsty lee get your thyroid levels checked babe. I struggled like that through much of my last preg and I kept telling the doc and the mws, but no-one thought to get it checked until I was 34 weeks
    Went on thyroxine and whaddayaknow? Felt a million bucks!

kirsty_lee Guest

Oooo how do they test that babe???? Blood Test?

Iim only 19 weeks.. and this is more than just needing a bit of rest ya know. I can have 12 hours sleep a night or 5 hours sleep and there's no difference

ahhhhhh, have I missed something? Are you pregnant??? IF you are congratulations!! Now to answer your question, I take iron every day and have a multi and if I'm feeling really tired I will have a high potency Vit B tab and boy does that give me a kick! I don't drink coffee but back when I did I'd say the Vit B kick is even better than that of a coffee and it's a healthy one to boot! I also have low blood pressure and find that acupuncture is wonderful and the herbs my chinese medicine man gives me. The guy I see is in Mapleton, you can find his website at holistic acupuncture dot com dot au if you are interested.

YAY I just saw your post, I must have been typing while you where. How could I have missed your pregnancy? Fantastic news, did you find out gender? and where are you having bubs?
    Last edited by Cherished; July 30th, 2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Just saw Kirsty's post!

yep it is just a simple blood test (OK there's a few vials but it's all over at once IYKWIM?) - you could get that and your iron checked at the same time.

Ok, well I am going to say it - SLEEP!! I know it's obvious but if your body is crying out for rest, the most satisfying and helpful thing you can do is pander to that need. Even just an extra half hour here or there can make all the difference.