thread: What is your hang over cure?

Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Jagermeister! But sometimes that just starts a vicious circle Otherwise sleep does wonders...if you can. I crave bread and usually eat about a loaf either with cheese or strawberry jam. Another good thing is to go swimming. If you lie there face down in the water and float then the hangover goes away! Comes back when you get out though

Lots of water - and bananas are suppsed to be good, I think it;s the potassium.

I'll come back to this Mon as i'm having a big one Sunday!

Nov 2006
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Jagermeister!
    hell yeah! or absinthe!!

Feb 2008

Anything greasy or salty, coca cola (never touch the stuff otherwise) or Miso soup.

Miso is definitely a fav though

Jul 2006
    In The Land Of Wonderful...

Hot Chips

Or a cheeseburger from McDonalds... makes you feel a little concerned about McDonalds after reading the replies to this thread

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

don't stop drinking!!!!

i have only ever had one hangover (bloody red wine - nothing else does it to me!) - and greasy was the way to go. Maccas too far away but we always have rissoles in the freezer so home made cheeseburger it was! works pretty well for MS queasies too...

Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Well I can't stomach anymore Jagermeister - had far too much last night I'm sooo hung over I feel terrible! Had two toasted cheese and tuna sandwhiches and that made me feel a bit better. I crave carbs so i've just made a tuna pasta bake and i'm looking forward to chowing down!

Feel terrible today but was sooo worth it! I behaved outragously badly and danced till the early hours

Dec 2008

Jager Bombs are my all time fave!

Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Yep, was Jager bombing up a storm last night - Jagerbombs and vodka redbull. The best part was I didn't get the kids back till 5 this evening so I got to be hung over all day by myself!

Nov 2008
    on the verge of greatness!

oh i stay away from oily and greasy cos you are already feeling bad... do you ever feel better after eating anything of that???

i go big on the water before bed and if i'm not absolutely plastered, a cup of tea. Then have a couple cups of very strong, not milky tea and lots of water... antioxidants and hydration that what you need.

if i want ''bad food'', I'll do ham and cheese toasted sandwich.

hope you are mostly recovered by now...

oh and the other thing, get out there and do some hard yard work or sweat it up. that always helps get it out of my system... and lots of water!! but go the tea.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

A hot bath with 5 drops of lavender oil (mixed in a bit of milk before you add it to the bath).

Followed by a hot cooked breakfast!

Jul 2007
    Over the rainbow

Best cure for hang over .... don't drink

I HATE feeling hung over, hate it, hate it, hate it ... that awfull taste in you mouth that does not go away even if you ate your mother's WHOLE parsley plant on the kitchen still

The last hang over I had, I did the greasy fry-up breakfast (brushed my teeth 7 times ) , followed by some really strong painkillers and a whole day of sleep ...

This April the 2nd, it's been 4 years since my last hangover I remember vividly, because it was a gf's beachwedding and her gay friend and I had a drinking contest that we both lost.

Jan 2004

Greasy Food! Prefer a big fat hamburger with chips and chicken salt. Problem is you have to drive to get one, and you're not sure if you are over the limit or not lol.
    Another thing I use to do was slice up tomtoes and sprinkle tobasco sauce over them...that usually made me feel better too

Nic

Dec 2008

Best cure for hang over .... don't drink .
    I was waiting for someone to say that.

I just have to add that Blackmores Ginger tablets, the travel sickness ones, work soooo well to get rid of the quesy feeling.

Jan 2009

EIther get back on it (preferred option) - it actually helps to flush out the dirty stale alcholol in your body...
    If that isn't an option then a KFC Twister meal has never failed me, the Pepsi max makes you burp as well which helps...

This also makes it a lot easier to get back on it (as does someone popping in to visit and wanting to have a beer with you - always need to be peer pressured into crunching one with them despite the razor blades.....)