View Poll Results: When did you last have a pap smear?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've had a pap smear in the last two years or earlier

68 79.07%
  • I haven't had a pap smear for 2 years - due now

6 6.98%
  • I haven't had a pap smear for the last 2-3 years

7 8.14%
  • I haven't had a pap smear for 3 years or more

4 4.65%
  • I can't remember but it's been a long time

1 1.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you had a pap smear?

I had one in March last year while pregnant with DS. I'm now back to 2 years WOOHOO between smears as I was on every 6 months and then 12 month ones.

i'm another on the "pre-ivf" bandwagon - july 2006 - so will be due for one mid year (damn, that's come around quick!)

i had mine in april 06 so due in a couple of months

I hate them with a passion! always end up in pain for the rest of the day, or I take painkillers before I go!
    am overdue, so should go get off my bum and just get it over with, I dont know if its genetic but both my mum and her sister (my aunty) have had to have surgery resulting from abnormal cells....not good.

They did one automatically when I was in KEMH recently, but they also told me I don't need to get them because me and DH have only had 1 partner. Ggota be happy with that!

21/01/2008
    Hate it, but it has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowa_girlie View Post
    they also told me I don't need to get them because me and DH have only had 1 partner.
    How strange, I've never been told that!! My question is though, if that's the case, how do nuns get cervical cancer when they've never have sex? Not trying to be difficult, I just find that quite a curious thing for a doctor to tell you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yeah I would still be going every two years, you just never know. And I know it sounds awful and I hate to say it, but if infidelity ever happened, then you never know. I would rather be safe and get it done before its too late.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I always have to have thin prep because I've cells that rupture easily when scraped, so there's always blood. Thin prep means its more likely to work the first time.
    It was pretty much 2 years on the dot since my last one when Natty was born, so they did one at my 6 week check. Must admit, it wasn't as bad as the internal I'd received when in labour!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There's a great reason to do thinprep!!! If it saves you going back for another... I ask for it, it's $20 extra but worth it for me!!! I also have a difficult cervix, people have trouble finding it (it's often long and posterior when I go) so once is most definitely enough!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Every woman must have a pap smear every 2 years up to about the age
    of 70.
    Not all but around 70% of cervical cancers are caused by the HPV virus so even if you
    are a nun or in a monogamous relationship you still need to have pap
    smears. Even if you have the vaccination for cervical cancer you still need
    to keep up to date with your pap smears. Don't let anyone else tell you
    otherwise
    Last edited by AnnaBelle; February 23rd, 2008 at 04:52 PM.

Since I had a CIN3 result (and subsequent surgery) I was on a 6 monthly cycle of pap smears, now I'm down for a new trial of testing, if I'm clear on my pap in June, then I'm back to 2 yearly paps.

paradise lost Guest

I last had one in August 2006, but i'm in the UK where we have smears every 3 years, not every 2. I've never missed one.

i was due for one when ds was born and never got around to it .. now i am pg again i have no idea when i will have the next one ... prob after this one is born

*las* Guest

I'm still on 6 monthly for another year, then on yearly for a while - I'd rather have them this often than go through what I did a few years ago...

Just a quick q, is there any reason not to have one while you are pregnant or breastfeeding? By some of the comments it seems there is???

I had mine two weeks ago LOL

I had my last one when i first fell pregnant with this bubs and i didnt know yet,
    The results came back inconclusive and i had to repeat the test but then i found out im pregnant so my gp said i would have to wait till i give birth..im not sure if the reason they were inconlusive was because i was pregnant??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast