Thread: Ask Dr Sears

Default Ask Dr Sears

Hi, has anyone got any of the Sears books? Are they any good?

yep i have attachment parenting and the fussy baby book! they are both great! and have heard all of his are!

Hi! I have the fussy baby book and found it to be very insightful! There is also a website (US based) that you can access as well if you want even more information. When I read Dr Sears definition of a high-need baby for the first time I was CONVINCED he must have been in my house and seen my son! :-) I would highly recommend ANY of his books even though I haven't read any others!! He seems to really know what he is talking about - and while I don't agree with everything he says - that is ok because I don't think I agree with 100% of any baby book I've read yet! Good luck...

lynnyp Guest

I have the Baby Book, the Good Behaviour Book and the Successful Child and have read others.. Love the website too. Fantastic writer. I shouldn't admit this because it is childish but I have been known to hide the Save our Sleep atrocity behind Sears books in book shops.

haha lyn thats a great idea! OMG i was told to get the save our sleep book with my newborn and had no idea how awful it was until i bought it! ended up selling it on ebay but I felt guilty because I did'nt want some other bub to suffer from those horrible techniques! dr sears is great! i just wish i had more time to read atm!

i'm not familiar with the save our sleep techniques. Wha are they?

oh basically save our sleep follows a very strict routine for bub and letting baby 'cry it out' or controlled crying..
    it says things like 'at such an such time, wrap baby and put in cot'.. unfortunately most babies (including mine) don't just fall asleep when placed in cot.. it made me feel so stressed and I could never let my bub cry himself to sleep and i am so much happier now I follow a baby lead routine..basically do what baby wants!