Thread: Baby Hammocks

Default Baby Hammocks

Who has one or has used one?

Am thinking about buying one and would like to hear your stories/advice please.

Thanks.

We used an Amby hammock for DS and I love it, will be using for this baby as well.
    The hospital had them when I was there and it was the only thing that settled him the entire time we were there, so MIL got us one and it arrived the day I got home from hospital. I reckon its the best thing we had for DS.
    It was great as he was still a little jaundice when we got home from the hospital, so I could move him to whichever part of the house was getting the most sun very easily.
    I did split his sleeping between cot and hammock too, so there was no issue trainsitiong for on to the other.

We've had DD in one from day 1 and she loves it. Sleeps in it day and night. I'm now trying to transition her from that to the cot to get her used to the cot too so that one day when she sleeps full time in the cot she'll be used to it.

The hammock is great because you can bounce them off to sleep if they stir without getting them out again and picking them up iykwim. It's in our room next to our bed and you can see her easily.

Well worth the $$ I think. Although some babies I've heard just don't like them so it's one of those things you'll just have to try.

Thanks heaps.
    I didnt want to use it as a bed as such, we'll still have the bassinet and the cot.
    It was more for settling and if bubs happens to be colicy and or refluxy like Brendan was.

I just loved mine - DD thought it was pretty good too. I honestly can't speak highly enough about them and have been know to go on and on about them at a moments notice! In fact I have already done so here. This is a great read to get some opinions about hammocks... I think I would say that based on the posts on that thread about 95% of people who get them are really happy with them but there are the few people who found they didn't work. It is a good chance to get both sides.

I went with a NZ brand "Natures Sway" and think it is beautiful, well made and one of the best for size/weight limits for your LO.

You can try hiring one if you want to just try it...

Loooooved it!! In fact will be using it again in a few weeks!!!! There is a sticky thread on them too.... in Comforted Sleeping - No cry solutions ...it's the very first sticky thread

rhyb Guest

Go for it Sal! Ive never used one but I wanted one for DS. Maybe for next bub

Thanks everyone, I really want one, so have to try and organise some finances!!

Thanks heaps.

We got ours off ebay... an Amby one for about $100 less I think from memory. Keep an eye out there