Thread: Cant work out how

Default Cant work out how

So I have the tandem feeding thing down pat. But I cant work out how to co-sleep with a toddler & a newborn. I cant have them next to each other because DD tosses & turns so much in her sleep. DS will happily sleep in the cot for every sleep except his night sleep so it's only the night sleep where he is co-sleeping with us.
    I have heard of bassinets that attach to the side of the bed but I dont know what they are called. Has anyone used them?

Ummm I dunno about the bassinette on the side of the bed, I just had Eden in hers alongside the bed, and DS usually sleeps in between me and DH if that helps. Now Eden sleeps in her cot and we usually wake up with DS in the middle of us, and DD1 on my side next to the edge (I put my arm around her so she won't fall out)

rhyb Guest

When we co sleep (which is rare!) we have DS on one side of me and the girls on the other side to seperate them

Sal - i've heard of people taking the side of the cot off and having that against one side of the bed to extend how wide the bed is.

another one i heard about is (from memory) and arm's reach cosleeper or something like that

Yeah, I have the side off the cot and it's right up next to the bed. I put her in there, she wakes, I slide her over, she feeds and then falls asleep and I slide her back!
    Too easy!

Sue xx

Sal!!!!!!

I have Lucy on one side of me and Annabelle on the other. I have Annabelle between Clint and I as Im a little worried Clint would roll on Lucy as he's such a deep sleeper

Vaguely off topic, but I couldn't imagine co-sleeping with our toddler. She isn't still for more than a microsecond and when she's in bed with us it generally involves her sitting on top of someone and bouncing up and down

I co-sleep with the baby just because we both fall asleep lying down during night feeds. When I was sleeping with DD#1 I had my bed in a corner and she had the side with the wall so there was no risk of her falling out, although you'd have to be careful with the gap between the wall and bed depending on what kind of bed you've got. It works with an ensemble. Might bring up some extra options having the bed against the wall.

I should add it's just me & the kids in bed. DF is too scared he'll roll on one of them in his sleep so he sleeps in another bed or the couch

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    I should add it's just me & the kids in bed. DF is too scared he'll roll on one of them in his sleep so he sleeps in another bed or the couch
    Just have one on either side then Facing Jye. As you'll be feeding him anyway, no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated_mummy View Post
    Just have one on either side then Facing Jye. As you'll be feeding him anyway, no doubt!
    Feeding both LOL. I might get DF to turn the bed so Maddison is against the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    Feeding both LOL. I might get DF to turn the bed so Maddison is against the wall
    Does Maddison still feed at night?

I have DD's toddler bed set up next to our bed and up against the wall with no gaps so she can't fall out. She is just about the same height and is more than happy that this is close enough. I am on the side next to her, DS then comes in the middle between DF and I. I love it, it works well for us and can't believe we didn't do it sooner We did try the one sided cot for DD when she was younger, but she wouldn't have a bar of it for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated_mummy View Post
    Does Maddison still feed at night?
    Yep, that's about the only time she feeds. Just before bed & if she wakes in the night