Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Service Announcement From Paris

Exclamation Community Service Announcement From Paris

DD and I were having a disussion about how kids talk to parents and vice versa (she was being a bit cheeky and implied I do the same to her).

Anyway conversation goes like this:

P: Kids understand you know.... they really do I'm NOT lying!
    M: Understand what?
    P: Kids understand Mums and Dads without them having to be cross. Kids UNDERSTAND! (she's getting agro at this point) They don't neeeeeeeed to be cross. We understand.
    (I started to smile and I clasped her face in my hands and told her she was very intelligent and that was so true. So then she got on her soap box...)
    P: Mum you have to tell EVERYBODY that they don't need to be cross for their kids to understand coz even if they talk normal they still understand. Being cross doesn't make them understand more than talking normal. OK?! Go on TELL THEM! (She starts poking my macbook screen... How the heck did she know that I talk about parenting stuff on BB) So now I've just asked her now what else she wants me to say:
    P:People don't need to be cross because they don't need to scream either and also they don't need to scream and shout you can tell them to be good and not lie really nicely.

Insight... Can I bottle her or what?

I love my daughter so much. I hope I can be a better mother and not scream so much. But I applaud her ability to see things for how the really are and communicate that so well. She truly is a marvel.
    Last edited by Rouge; August 2nd, 2010 at 12:53 AM.

Paris, you are the smartest little girl I have ever met.

Cai, you have done a fantastic job to have a daughter like her, even with the occassional scream

Awww thats precious...she might be an inspirational speaker when shes older!

Jo

Thank you Paris - I'm sure Liebling will appreciate that very much!

I just told her that you thanked her, and she asked about your ticker so I explained about leibling. Then she asked if we could go to the hospital to visit your baby when it comes out. I said no because she lives in England. And she said oh thats far, but we could fly.

LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks Paris
    *slinks off feeling guilty for being such a nasty shouty mother*

Don't worry Chloe, you and me both

*hugs*
    Cailin

And me too!

Awww, Paris is so gorgeous! I may have to break my no-visitors rule if you do fly over.

Grosby Guest

That is the cutest thing I have ever read. She sounds like a very precious little girl

HEE HEE Cai, what a gem.....I got a funny feeling Paris & Maddy are from another life!!

Maddy often tells me stuff that I think about & am blown away by & she seems to know things that I dont dfiscuss with her, around her etc, coz I think it will either worry her, upset her etc.... bUt hse just takes it all in her stride & will tell me "Mum it's best you just be open with it!"

Give her a big kiss & a cuddle from me!!!!

Now I'll think of her everytime I raise my voice & I will try to talki instead!!!

I see a future leader of the UN there Cailin LOL. Lindsay comes out with little gems like that sometimes and it never ceases to amazing me how insightful kids can be.

She is just the best Cailin, she is just so knowledgeable... what a great pair of parents she has.

Aww Cailin, Paris sounds so very sweet, and very clever too.

Although, you know, I know just waht she is saying and I have been telling my kids that same thing for years now. I do not have to yell to make you inderstand what I am saying. It does seem though, that sometime that is the only way to get them to move.

It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job with your little girl there Cailin. What a beautiful and articulate little girl she is.

awwww Cai can Paris give me some parenting tips in about 6 months or so?

Paris, you are right. I know you understand without us shouting, so us big people are going to try extra hard not to use loud shouty voices.

Thank you.

Cai, she's gorgeous!

Paris thank you so much for that you have made me think more about not shouting at Kimberley and I'm sure one day when she meets you she will thank you also.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww what a sweetheart
    She'll do amazing things with her life... I can just see it. She's bound for something great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast