Thread: Gentle Parenting Books?

Lindys Guest

Default Gentle Parenting Books?

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone can lead me to some good resources outling gentle parenting/discipline methods? I really don't know alot about the philosophies, but want to find out more. I am keen for my boys to learn boundries, right/wrong, etc...but want them to learn these things in a positive manner, and also want to ensure I do my best to stay in control!

TIA

Lindy, you can find a list of recommended books HERE - there are books that cover everything from pre-conception (for next time round ) to pg, birth and beyond Anything by Pinky McKay is just fabulous - she has a fantastic approach and her books will give you loads of great parenting tips. You could also join in the Gentle Parenting Discussion threads and if you have a question, we are only too glad to help you out.

Lindys Guest

Thanks so much Sherie

Lindys Guest

I just ordered 'Parenting By Heart' by Pinky McKay and also 'Raising Boys' by Steve Biddulph I have not read a book since the boys were born lol, so looking forward to these! Thanks again

Lindy......In relation to Steve Biddulph.........his books in general are really great and gentle and positive.......look out for "The Secrets of Happy Children"....they are a delight to read and have so much useful info......