Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He goes to sleep!

Ah, a welcome reminder that in a year or so I may be able to post the same thing... even if it's in 2 years... Not too long in the grand scheme. Thanks
    Oh, and congrats to your DS for learning that sleep is AWESOME!

So Marcellus, how long did you feed your baby to sleep?

Oh yay!!!

We're back on the other side of the merry-go-round, but we did have a week of him going to bed easily about four months ago. It was bliss. Then his last teeth came through, then DD arrived, and since then it's been crap again, to the point that we've actually decided as of today to wean him, because the screaming hysterics we get if he can't feed to sleep (it's impossible to feed a toddler for on average an hour a night with a cluster-feeding newborn) are not worth any benefit extended BF might otherwise give. But seeing that someone else is having success gives me hope that one day we'll have a boy who sleeps, and reminds me that this too will pass.

Oh Suse, I'm so scared that I'll be feeding my nearly 10-month-old DD to sleep forever
    I know I won't, but you know when you're so caught up in the hopelessness of the situation and you can't see a light at the end of the tunnel?
    She is teething at the moment - 2 top side teeth are coming through. She gets so angry if I don't feed her back to sleep when she wakes at night! I tried 4 times to put her back to sleep at 2am (so it was 3.10am by the time we finished).....
    She'll feed, fall asleep, then I put her in the cot and she wakes up and babbles and kicks her little legs... and god help me if I try to do the 'ssh and pat'!! Then I get the wrath of baby!
    I can't imagine going through this all again with another one. In fact I keep counting down and trying to imagine how many months/years until it ends.... a futile exercise, I know. Clearly I just do not deal with sleep deprivation at all.

I can't remember exactly. I think it was 9-10 months maybe that it stopped working all the time - or rather, it would only work when he was very, very tired. He would still feed to sleep during the night till we night weaned at 14 months.

i can't believe i missed this thread! sorry i'm a bit behind the times...but that is awesome news! wtg your little man

deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12