Thread: Help!

Angry Help!

Anyone out there have a wonderful suggestion for dealing with my three year old daughter who has just recently decided to challenge my rules, ignore my directions and requests, and poop her pants when she's been toilet trained for almost a year? We have had no major changes recently, and have a generally happy, loving, stable family. She greatly resists (always has) going to the bathroom, because she doesn't want to be interrupted from her play, so I don't know if she's just waiting too long, or if there's something else. She is not constipated, and is still having her usual daily BM. It's only been a few days, now, that she seems to need to test everything again, but it is driving me crazy! She also cries about anything I ask her to do that she doesn't like. Instant tears. She is intelligent and bright and sensitive. She has a well developed vocabulary and can communicate her needs and feelings very well, so there should be no need for frustration on that account.
    Does anyone else's child try this every once in a while? Has anyone discovered a great solution? Or do I just wait it out and maintain the rules and try not to go crazy.
    (I'll have to post Paris's community service message boldly somewhere to remind myself not to scream. )
    Thanks for listening to my little rant. It feels better to talk to someone about it anyways! I hope this stage doesn't last too long.

I know it sounds strange but up until about 3-3.5 I think they don't realise they have the ability to argue LOL! Paris and I went through a few rough weeks where she threw her weight around quite heavily. And whilst it was trying I just tried to remind myself that this too would pass. Its more like she's testing herself, trying new things etc. So long as your consistant she'll know soon enough that the same old rules apply. And in the meantime add a friend to speed dial that you can call when it gets the better of you for a 5 min time out... I find that keeps my cool and i'm able to stay focused on the job at hand. Rather than losing it then apologising and everything being a mess iykwim? She sounds like a beautiful little girl you've done a great job!

With the toilet thing Paris hated doing #2's as she hated having her bottom wiped and couldn't do it herself. She had a few accidents with number two as well, yet she was great with toilet training never had an accident overnight was dry very early on. Some kids have issues with number 2's'. But she eventually got the hang of it.

GOODLUCK!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks so much for the reply Cailin! It's always encouraging to hear from others, and know that this isn't going to last forever, and that others go through it too. I'll just be sticking to our usual house rules, and trying to be patient, firm, and consistant until this passes for now. She really can be a sweetie, and we get lots of laughs from the things she comes up with (having a good vocabulary as a toddler makes for some hilarious observations from her!) but sometimes these days I just want to pitch her out the window and run away from home! Thanks again for the support and encouragement! We will survive!

BTW are those really your little ones in the picture in your ticker? They look like a painting! Beautiful kids!

HEy

I have a 3yo who hates pooing in the toilet, as he hates the splashing on his bum LOL And he also gets caught up in playing. So i put a potty in his playroom when i know he wont stop to go to the toilet. Although its a pain, it better than changing pooing undies. I also have a sticker chart that DS loves putting a sticker on - 1 sticker for wees, 2 for poos. That way he's more inclined to remember to go. HTH, good luck