Thread: Nearly 3 years old and rejecting mummy

Unhappy Nearly 3 years old and rejecting mummy

I'm about 22 wks pregnant with our second baby and having a tough time with no. 1. He's 3 in August and more and more refusing to have anything to do with me.
    He had a tough time (well so did I) as I was very ill with morning sickness and I've found it difficult to play games with him - Daddy stepped in to fill the gap but now DS is constantly saying "mum 'way, daddy play name" (He says 'name' instead of 'game' :-)) He doesn't want to snuggle up with me on the couch anymore and the only time he wants me is when it's time to go to sleep.
    He's only recently (in the last couple months) stopped breastfeeding - which was a part of his night time routine.

A part of me is saying - well it's better to happen now than when no. 2 comes along - and - he's just asserting his independence - but DAMN IT it hurts.
    Is this normal??

Unfortunately YES!! Cooper is going through something similar at the moment even though he is only 20 months. I am only important when Daddy is not home.

Hi,
    I'm sorry you are going through this but I hope it helps to know that I also went through the same with my DD who was 23mth old at the time of my DD2 birth. I had bad morning sickness as well as SPD and was on crutches due to this. My DD wanted nothing to do with me and everything was Daddy Daddy. It was hard to see but also nice to observe the bonding developing between them. Although rest assured soon after I have birth and was walking around again my DD was mummy's girl again! Until then big hugs for you.