Thread: Oil for massage

Default Oil for massage

HI, Im wanting to give my bub a massage after bath and just wondering what oil people use. I've heard Olive Oil is fine, I'd like something as natural as possible. Im a little wary of almond oil as my DD is allergic to almonds.
    Thanks xo

does she have a nut intollerance/allergy to any other nuts or is it just almond?

JoJoba is quite close to the body's natural oil components, so maybe something like that. If you find the cost of JoJoba too restrictive, then try mixing it with Olive Oil.

My base oil blend for my massage oils at home are: sweet almond oil (which is out for you), JoJoba and Wheatgerm oils.

I use Weleda Calendula Oil. It's beautiful! I used it during labour, well my DH and mum massaged me with it and Dh commented how soft my back was for weeks. I either massage it into Olive's skin or sometimes just put it in her bath, it's smells divine.

I always just used olive oil.

Lightbulb

I use Lavender oil mixed with a little Olive oil,very soothing,good a night time.

Apricot Kernel Oil is lovely - sinks into the skin really well. I use it as a facial moisturiser!

thank you all, will try out your suggestions xo