Thread: OMG I think I'm raising the next Ted Bundy!!!

Exclamation OMG I think I'm raising the next Ted Bundy!!!

Or another class of serial killer anyway!!

DS just told me in the bedroom earlier that he was going to cut my boobs off!! That's not normal is it?! I think its not normal at all for a 3.5 year old to even have those thoughts in his head!!!!!

Oh dear! What context did he say it in? Was he angry or joking?

No emotion with it, just matter of fact. I was getting changed (was still in my bra) and he came in and said "I can see your boobs" and I was like uh huh, and put my shirt on - and then he just said it.

Hmm...Ds says some odd things too like he wants to cut his head off...or he wants to put Ds2 on the road so he wont come back I ahve no idea where he gets it from we dont watch violent stuff or talk like that?

I think sometimes they just say stuff...hopefully or else DS wil be in the cell with your DS :P

little bum! what did you say back to him??
    i wouldn't stress too much, it's probably just one of those bizarre little things they come out with...
    maybe threaten to cut off his winkie if he says it again...

I agree that kids just say stuff, and half the time they dont even get what they are saying. Is it possible he picked it up from another kid or from the telly? Or maybe just testing his limits?

Quote Originally Posted by boobaloo View Post
    little bum! what did you say back to him??
    You probably don't want to know what I said back to him. Wasn't very "good mummy" like

Manhattan - you could be onto something. I told DH via email what he said and he said back "What!? That is pretty weird....sounds to me like something he has overheard from older boys at school. When he said to me the other day he was going to cut me, I asked him why he was saying that and if he heard that at school, and he said yes the older boys were saying it. So I think he has added the ‘boobs’ part cos he always craps on about boobs. "

And yes he is totally obsessed with boobs.

i'm wondering (and maybe clutching at straws) that maybe he was getting at that he wants your boobies. you know, cut them off you, so he can have them???
    just thinking with his boobie obsession is all...

A boy obsessed with boobs............no!

He prob thinks the older boys are cool, so he is being cool saying that to you. Cheeky little guy!

I wouldn't be too stressed, my Ds says some pretty weird things. his big thing ATM is to say he wants to wrap me up with a rope. I think he got it from a scooby doo episode where one of the characters got tied up. I just tend to ignore it. the more attention the get, the more they'll do it.

Last year DD1 went through a "kill" phase where she was going to kill everything. I think she picked it up from the older kids at childcare. She doesn't seem to do it as much now but she doesn't play with the boys as much either. It seems to come from the older boys who have older siblings at school - the younger ones pick up on it and just repeat it.

Ahhh yes, he's already threatened to kill someone too.... I hate to think what these bloody kids are talking about - he's only there 2 days a week!!

Babe, Za and Kane's FAVE thing to do atm is run around, screaming bloody murder, saying "daddy is going to kill me" ... the neighbours must be ready to call DOCS... and we dont even smack!!!

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now... maybe he just wants you to be like him, with no big boobies, or he wants them himself. It could of even just come out without any meaning at all, at his age. My 2 do that alot now...

Mine has had a fixation with death and ways to die/kill people for as long as I can remember, to the point we banned discussion about death at the dinner table. Which doesn't always work, as one time she found a vein in a chop and asked what it was, and that turned into a discussion about veins, arteries and how your circulation works, which turned into asking how long it takes to die when you have an artery cut. Which we answered and then went D'OH we just broke our own rule.

Some kids are just weird.

Be afraid when you have a 5yo in the back seat of the car telling you (very accurate) ways to die for 200km of the trip before you finally snap and yell STOP IT O_o

Quote Originally Posted by RumpledElf View Post
    M
    Be afraid when you have a 5yo in the back seat of the car telling you (very accurate) ways to die for 200km of the trip before you finally snap and yell STOP IT O_o
    Oh crap.. LOL

rhyb Guest

As long as you made clear to DS that its not appropriate to say, then I wouldnt stress. TBH my DS doesnt really speak but when he does/ says something inappropriate I talk to him about it giving him time to try and explain himself (sounds stupid right but Im meant to get into that habit with him) and afterwards we have a cuddle and o something else.

Kids are weird. lol

Quote Originally Posted by rhyb View Post
    As long as you made clear to DS that its not appropriate to say, then I wouldnt stress.
    Ahhh yeah, I think he got the point that mumma wasn't happy !!! LOL
    And DD1 never says things like that - the little angel...

Default Re: OMG I think I'm raising the next Ted Bundy!!!

Couldn't help but have a little giggle, how cheeky!! Kids are so funny sometimes!