Thread: Part Time Co-sleeping - suggestions for keeping bubs warm when NOT with us...

Default Part Time Co-sleeping - suggestions for keeping bubs warm when NOT with us...

Hi,

[Just to clarify - I've posted a similar message in the general baby thread - but no-ones replying! So I'm coming back to my faithful co-sleeping mum's space to try again ]

DS (16mths) currently sleeps with us (and has since birth) but we're getting him an organic mattress (to put on the floor next to the bed) for those times we want to be "alone" and as a longer-term option for when we have #2 (mattress will be for DS, not the baby).

I feel much better about this option than having him relegated to a room by himself - we're just doing it slowly, slowly.... (and gently )

Only thing is - how do I keep him warm for the period of the night (which could be 6hrs) when he's not in with me? He will end up coming in early in the morning, so I imagine that layering him in clothing as if he's in a cot isn't going to work that well (same goes for sleeping bags???...).

I'm sure those of you who co-sleep will understand this dilemma - hence probably why I didn't get any replies from the (probably predominantly cot-sleeping parents) group before

Has anyone used a quilt? I've seen a great organic cotton quilt by Organature, but am not sure if it would be warm enough (being cotton).

Eventually I suppose DS will stay in his toddler bed longer in the night - so, having never done the cot thing, I have no idea! I'd love some wise counsel from other mums (or dads) re the use of quilts with toddlers and 2-3yrs and what other co-sleepers do.

Also, should I buy a sheet set, or just a fitted sheet?

Thanks

Hi Melody7,
    we do part time co-sleeping and DD sleeps in her cot next to our bed dressed in a long sleeved pj top and sleeping bag. When she wakes up I take the sleeping bag and any excess clothing off before she comes into our bed (in a zombie mum state ) HTH

I had DS in a sleepsuit (like a sleeping bag with feet) and when he came into our bed I put him on top of the covers - I wore a cardigan to bed so my sholders didn't get cold while b/f.

I haven't used a quilt yet so can't answer that question.

I also use sleeping bags with DS. He starts out the night in his cot, then comes in with me when he wakes. Sometimes I take off his sleeping bag & put him under the quilt with me. Other times, I just leave the sleeping bag on & put him on top of the quilt - depends on how much he needs cuddles!!