Thread: Please Help!! Need Advice

Wink Please Help!! Need Advice

The twins just turned 2 and in the next four weeks will be going into a toddler bed. Im not sure what to do in regards to THE DUMMY ive never hated anything morein my life then that thing. I want to take THE DUMMY off the twins how do i do it? whats the best way? do i do it before or after they go into a big girls bed? they are very funny with THE DUMMY they only have it a naptime and bedtime but lately they refuse to put it down they cry when is out of sight i dont know what to do someone please help me..

Its a hard decision to make. I just craked it one day and tossed the dummies in the bin. there were tears and tantrums but after a few days it was "what dummy".I have heard of people leaving the dummies out to give to santa or the easter bunny(this might be an idea since its easter on sunday) Try not to stress to much as they will be able to sense your worry and it will only make the situation a more tramatic event.

im getting very close to chucking them in the bloody bin i hate them..... damn things thanx for the advice

Hi There.

I would probably agree with Shannon, i dont know if stopping the dummy and moving them into a big bed at the same time is a good idea. Could you perhaps do one or the other first?
    Maybe move them into their beds with the comfort of their dummy and then after a few weeks remove the dummy?

Good luck with it anyway.

I think the best way is to just toss it. There really is no other way.

BereavedBella2007 Guest

hi there
    on the thought that the twins are excited about moving into "big girl beds" perhaps you could say to them that big girls dont have dummys so if they want to sleep in big girl beds then they have to be big girls and throw the dummy away,

at one i gave my son the choice he could throw away his dummy or throw away his bottle he chose to throw away the bottle so i made him put it in the rubbish himself, at two i gave him the choice of dummy or bear he chose the dummy but i gave in to the tantrums then when he was two and a half he left dummy and bear at my mums house by accident, he got the bear back but the dummy fairy took the dummy and he never asked for it again,

each child is individual but maybe the big girl bribe might be worth a try

It took three days of crying when we ditched the dummy but after that Caty was fine...mind you she was about 4 months at the time.

I like the idea of Bella's big girl bribe.