Thread: We're Wonder Weeking - please help

Exclamation We're Wonder Weeking - please help

Angus is moving into the stormy patch for Wonder Week 19 (he's 16 wks for WW calcs) and has started crying/screaming every afternoon at about 4. He's got the 'hair trigger' thing happening too and can change from laughing to sobbing in an instant. He's also much harder to get to sleep and has hardly slept today. He's put an extra feed back in overnight but that doesn't worry me if that's what he needs.

I got him to sleep for 30 mins at lunchtime by walking in the pram and have used the car as well as he settles reasonably quickly in either. He doesn't like the wrapping and cradling we've been using successfully to settle him and prefers to be more upright. After crying for an hour, he finally just fell asleep against my shoulder and I've been able to put him down in his cot.

He was checked at an allergy clinic last week and dairy and preservatives showed up as allergies. I haven't eaten any since and his tummy seemed to be better.I can't even chocolate or junk food binge to feel better LOL! I've got a cold/cough which is making me feel miserable but he doesn't seem to have any symptoms. DH has been working stacks the past week so I've had to manage this all by myself which is why it's probably getting on top of me.

I know it will pass but this one is worse than the previous W weeks and according to the book, may last longer. Any tips from those who've been there would be most appreciated. Thanks for listening.

awwww we have been in WW 19 for a week now & its horrid. *hugs*

Thinking of you Christy. Angus only slept for 25 mins but has just had a good feed. I'll try a bath soon and maybe a massage. DH is bringing home takeaway for dinner thank heavens.

I remember that one, it was awful !! (sorry) Anna** and I had huge problems with our bubs, where it lasted 5 weeks!
    I remember the same thing happened to Nina with not wanting to sleep unless she was upright. In the end, I would just put her in her bouncer to sleep. I could strap her in, so that wasn't an issue. She managed a few hours at a time like that.
    Pram trips and car trips also became very popular with our household!
    To be honest, I have no idea how I got through it. She was up every 2 hours overnight, and would only settle with a feed. This went on for the entire time.
    Like you said in your first post, remember that it will eventually end (and yes, it eventually does!). I'm sorry I have no advice to give, but just to hang in there. At the time DH was working 10-12 hour days so I know what it's like to doing it all yourself.

Firstly... HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE hugs to you. That growth spurt was a horror one and like Jodi said, we both had a lot of dramas with our bubs.
    I think I just about wore a track in our hallway tiles from all the pacing during unsettled times - but rest assured that it does get better (honest) even if right now you feel like you'll never get sleep again.

Just rest when you can, even if it means taking your bub into bed with you for an afternoon nap cuddled up together (I did this a lot as my DS slept longer this way)

Just hang in, you are doing a great job!

OMG - after the horrors of yesterday, Angus slept for 11 hours last night. He went down after his bath for what I thought would be his usual 30 min nap before a final feed and then going down for the night. He hadn't woken after 30mins, 45 mins, 90 mins so I went to bed expecting that he would wake as soon as I went to sleep. I checked that he was still breathing a few times in the night and got up to express at 6.30 as I was exploding. He then woke 10 mins later and had a good feed. Who knows what today will bring??

Thanks for the support girls, it really helps!!