Thread: 4th pregnancy...any chance of GD?

Bubbyno4 Guest

Default 4th pregnancy...any chance of GD?

Hi all,

Wondering if you wonderful ladies can help me. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant. My next appt is this Friday and I will be 29 weeks. Nothing has been mentioned yet at the Birth Centre about my GT Test. Lately I have been experiencing symptoms of GD. I have never had it with my other 3 pregnancies, so is there any chance that I could have it this time? Is it too late to take the test at 29-30 weeks? I have been experiencing extreme thirst, blurred vision, increased urination and feeling of dizziness. Should I call the Birth Centre today or wait until my appt on Friday night? Thanks heaps for your opinions. xx

I think every pregnancy is different and it is possible to get it even though you didn't before.

As far as I know, it's never too late to take the test. I would call the birth centre and ask, as you probably need to do a fasting blood glucose test which is normally done in the morning, so you may need to go in earlier for this.

I hope everything is OK.

Kylie

Bubbyno4 Guest

Thanks Kylie. Just called the birth centre as I thought it was silly just worrying about it if it is nothing. The lovely midwife suggested that I come in tomorrow to get the GT test done as after 29 weeks, apparently I have to get the 2 hr test done. So I am so glad that I called now. Going tomorrow to get the test done! YAY! She said that I should get the results by tomorrow night. Such a relief. Will let everyone know how I go!

Hopefully you can stop worrying cause you'll find ouy you're fine

I didn't realise you could ONLY do the two hour test at this stage.

Hi Bubbyno4

I agree you need to go and get checcked out. Blurred vision and dizziness can be signs of other problems