Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Anyone else Gestational Diabetic or curious about it?

Hiya all - and thanks again for your advice so far!

Just an update on yesterdays 5 hour trip to ante-natal and diabetic team (educator, dietician and physician).

All is good at 11-13 weeks (the docs dont seem to be sure which it is so I will call it 12 from now on!)
    The physician adjusted my insulin and I am finally getting normal (4-6.5) readings before and after meals!
    My overnight fasting levels were much better as well now he has upped my protophane.
    Today not one high! \/

I am feeling less stressed knowing this is all finally getting under control!

My dietician and diabetic educator (and the diabetic midwife (that is she is a diabetic and looks after the diabetic mums as well) all said my diet was excellent (despite a few evenings where I had 2 scoops of icecream b4 bed) that it contained adequate fruit and veg and that we overall eat very well.
    The only thing I was told was to eat more calcium for growing bones - so she told me to have a milo before bed with high cal milk both to aid in keeping overnight levels stable and to add calcium.
    (I cant believe a dietician told me to have MILO !! she said it was good for my iron levels as well as tasting good and going in milk)
    At last a reward for being strict on myself )

On the bread thing... thanks Kerry I will try those breads... I LOVE birdseed bread The grainier the better. I love the sound of the capeseed loaf.

I have discovered wholemeal pita bread is fine? I suppose as it is so thin?
    Anyway at least I can have cheese and tomato toasted pita's now that should keep me going for a little while till I die of boredom

Donella - I hope that bubs is here and well by now

Dee73 thanks for the spelt idea but it didnt work I think its cos the grain is so finely ground. (at least thats what the dietician thought) I am going for birdseed from now on like I said above!

Again thanks to all those women who have offered their help so far! Only 6 more months to go

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Moving to your own, brand new forum
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thank You Kelly!!

Welcome to all those who are joining us for the first time.!

Kaety

hi there - i am only TTC atm and i am just trying to gather as much info as i can. I have insulin resistance thanks to PCOS and have been told by my Dr that i am almost garanteed to get GD - so i need to know as much as i can - so sory if i ask dumb question or anything along the way - i thank you in advance for the help and your patience...

Welcome AJ,

there is no such thing as a silly question!
    Only everyone is different with their GD. We will offer you as much help as we are able, I think you will find its the support and general info that is most invaluable

kaety

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,
    thought you might have room for another. Have already had some great ideas from Jo and checked out some recipes.

I've been diagnosed with GD for three weeks now(first time ever) and am finishing up on my first week of insulin (novomix). My BSLs are still all over the place. My diet isn't as good as it should be because when I eat carbs (breads and cereals) I vomit them back up. I'm at a bit of a loss with this but I guess I will work it out.

Anyway, hope to get to know some of you and have some support (and be some too)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sorry tiggy - just starting a new thread, this one is huge

Here's the link...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678