Thread: Anyone had this? GD related

Question Anyone had this? GD related

I was telling my mum about what I thought might be thrush (TMI, you may have read about it in the GP thread). What I described to her, she said was one of the signs she had that tipped her off that she had GD with her 2nd.

Has anyone else experienced what feels like chafing on the vulva area & been told its assoiated with GD? Mum said its because your urine is acidic & I guess burning a little?? I have a thing to get the test done in a few weeks time, but I wonder if I should call the midwife clinic & tell them about this & what my mum experienced. I have been treating for thrush but its hard to say if its helping or not.

I've had GD but never had the chafing your talking about.

One thing I did think though - excessive blood glucose is known to put you at higher risk of thrush and UTI's. So it may well be thrush.

But lots of preggos get thrush and don't have GD so I think the link would be pretty tenuous.

thanks flea,

mum does tend to find a link with everything to anything so I wasn't holding to much to it. But I figured you girls would eb best to ask.