Thread: Did you have any GD symptoms, if so what?

Default Did you have any GD symptoms, if so what?

Since I fell pg, I have been worried about getting GD this pg. I have no idea why and it's unfounded really, I have no indicators, other than being overweight. The paranoia went away for a while, but lately this worry has come back for some reason. When I had my GD test it came back fine- 4.5 I *think* my Dr said. But it was fine.
    I am possibly imagining it, but these past few days/weeks, I have been peeing every hour at least, I pee alot anyway (sorry TMI!) but at night I'm going at LEAST 2 times, lately 3-4 times. Before it was usually once. Maybe it's just that DD it waking and I go just in case, but it's not a tinkle, it's a fairly significant wee (sorry again! ). I have also been having a yuck taste in my mouth at the back of my tongue, no matter what I eat. I had an apple before to try to get rid of it and this taste came back after a while. I drink water it's still there, I brush my teeth it comes back. Now I know these symptoms are perfectly fine to expect in pg, but this nagging feeling won't go away.
    So what were your GD symptoms if you had any?

I had absolutely no symptoms, no risk factors and am not and have never been overweight.

If your test came back fine then you're all good. I think lots of peeing in pg is ok. Don't stress If you're really worried ask to be tested again..... did you do the 1hr test or the 2hr test? The 2hr test is the only test that is diagnostic - the 1hr test is a screening test only.

No symptoms here, if I wasn't monitoring my BSL's I wouldn't have known.

You sound a bit like I was. I was so sure I'd have it - family history, overweight before getting pregnant & was over 40 - I even failed the first test - but passed the second with flying colors. I was craving sweets for the last tri and was peeing 2 or 3 times a night as well but all was fine. Hope you don't continue on like me, I'm up countless times in the night now.

No symptoms here either.

I had it in my 1st pregnancy and was craving orange juice which I don't normally like. I was drinking a litre a day!! My doc said it was because of the GD. But then I didn;t get it in my 2nd preg which was great.

If you're concerned, ask to have the 2 hour test.