Thread: Expired insulin for GD?????

Question Expired insulin for GD????? urgent

I was just about to do my morning insulin jab when I've realised that the insulin I was given by my endocrinologist has an expiry date of 06/2010. What should I do??? I'm pretty sure I can't reach my endo over the weekend, I don't have a script for insulin and I don't know if my obs would be of any assistance. Should I use it or not?!?!

I would give your local hospital a call and see if they can help. If you explain what happened I'm sure that they would be happy to give you a shot

I wouldnt use it hun, Can you get a hold of the OB. Maybe your OB can give you a prescript, or maybe see your GP and get a new prescript. Show them the old one and get them to give you the same dosage required.

Ive just noticed Alans post, the hospital would also be a good start. hugs

Thanks for your replies Alan & Csab - much appreciated. I tried to reach my endo with no success and ended up paging my obs who said to use it for the weekend and get new on Monday - but to call him back if anything odd going on.

Why do such things always happen on the weekend!!

oh hun wish id seen this earlier! i have the 24 hour number for a diabetes doctor if u need it babe, ive always been told to never use out of date insulin (type 1 diabetic) so if u want the number im more than happy to give it to u