Thread: Feeling awful after 3hr GTT??? Bad sign???

Default Feeling awful after 3hr GTT??? Bad sign???

I had my GTT test yesterday and had to do the longer one on request of my OB as I have a family history of diabetes (Mum and mat Nanna have mature onset AND had GD). I was doing ok at first but even afterward when I ate to break my fast, for about 3 hours I shook badly and almost passed out on quite a few occasions.
    Did anyone else have this? Is it normal? Is it a bad sign?

I dont know when I'll get my results, maybe this arvo if theyre bad.

Hi Anna,

I got my results the same day saying that I had GD, so maybe that is a positive sign.

I felt crap and headache, and a bit dizzy, but once I ate I was fine.

GL, Hope your results are good... I am here for you either way!

Mel

Kirsty77 Guest

When I had mine done when preggers with Gemma I felt weak, shaky and just off colour. But mine was normal. I remember freaking out thinking that I probably had GD as it was a bad sign. I asked my midwife though and she said some people just do feel yucky as the drink is soooo sugary.

Don't stress until you actually get the result......I have only had the 3 hr test in one of my pregnancies, and felt dreadful afterwards too, and like you, was convinced it was a "bad sign".....but results were all fine.....so try not to stress till you actually get the results?

I just had the 3hr one this morning and i've never felt so sick in my life! Dizzy and nausous and just had to lay down until they were finished with me. Even after i had a bad headache and just felt really tired, so slept for about 3 hours and only just got up. I haven't got a call back yet, so i'm hoping it's good news. Goodluck with yours!

skorpy Guest

Had my second test this morning,was there for 2 and half hours.Nightmare whne you got a 2 year old running around that your chasing after and aswell as having nothing to eat or drink,i felt very weak,sick and thought i was going to pass out.I had a test done at 14 weeks aswell because i had diabetes in my last pregnancy,so you would think i was used to it.But that sugary drink is disgusting and its not as if its a small amount,you get a glass full and every mouthful makes me urge that i have to wait a few seconds inbetween in drinking it.I get my results on Thursday and dreading it because iv convinced myself i got it again purely because im so big again and people asking me if im carrying twins.

I dont have GD thanks for asking Kate! Quite a surprise considering.

skorpy Guest

Im all clear too,was given results this morning,lucky considering i had Diabetes in my last pregnancy