Thread: GD Question

Default GD Question

Hi all,

Just wondering if towards the end of pg does your BSL tend to go up... I haven't changed my diet, but my BSL seems to be higher than before.

Do you think that they will suggest inducing me, or will they put me on insulin... I have had readings between 7.2 and 9.8 the past few days...

Any advice/help/experiences VERY much appreciated!

Love
    Mel

Hi Mel,

My BSL's went up as the pregnancy went on. I was told i would go on insulin if i had something like 3 high readings in any one week. As it turns out i was on it from about 30 weeks.

My BSL's (and therefore amount of insulin) increased a lot in the last few weeks (7's and 8's) and my diabeties educator told me that it was normal that my BSL's increased in later pregnancy. She gave me a graph that showed me the need for insulin increases as the pregnancy progresses.

As for induction. At my hospital, if you are on insulin they induce you at 38w. Apparently this was the rule for them. I had a friend who was able to control her GD with her diet at the same hossy, and she was able to go to 40 weeks before they induced her.

This is just my experience tho, I hope this helps.

Take care
    xx

thanks Emz... is does help. I will find out more from hosp on wednesday, but it sounds like they would induce me rather than put me on insulin for a couple of weeks.

Bubs has been fine for size... ie not big so maybe it will be good before bub's gets bigger!

thanks again...

Mel,

I was just thinking about it and I remember that they said if i needed to start insulin after 37 weeks, id just be induced.

Take care,

Thanks Emz... I look forward to seeing ob tomorrow then! Might get some nice news...

How did your inducement go? I am looking for stories now... just to prepare!