Thread: Levels after eating with GD?

Default Levels after eating with GD?

I have noticed some hospitals have different rules as to what they like you BSL under 2 hours after eating. Anyone who has/had GD like to share what their hospital liked it to be under before and after meals? Thanks.

Mine had to be under 5.5 before eating in the morning (fasting level), and all other readings had to be below 7.0, 2 hours after the meal.

I am the same a Flea.

Thanks girls! The Mercy in Melbourne likes it under 6.5 after 2 hours after meals. Seems other places are a little less strict.

hiya

i am also going to the mercy in heidelburge.. first GD appointment tomorrow. i was told over the phone by the Diabetes Educator that it was 6.5 as well.

when did you find out that you had GD and how long is the first appointment the group one.

i am a little nervous

angel

My levels need to be < 5.0 fasting and < 7.5 1 hour after eating. Very strict - not to mention challenging to maintain

My levels had to be below 5 fasting and below 7 an hour after eating not easy to do

Such varying information. My GD clinic must be a lot more relaxed than some of the others cos I've been 'over' numerous times, but the GD Dr has had a look at my chart and says that they are not high enough and the other meals have balanced it out..... I also had a scan last week which showed that bubs was getting enough food via the cord, fluid was fine and bubs was 'spot on' it's weight for how far I was along, so maybe that's why I am still on diet monitoring.

Angel I found out just last week. I am 17 weeks 4 days. My Ob wanted to test me early cause a fasting test my doc gave me was 5.5 which he believed was borderline even though my doc wasn't concerned. So they sent me off early for the GTT. So I have a while to go I am due in October. The appointment was easy, they make you ***** yourself in the session! I had lunch 2 hours prior and mine was 4.4 so she was pleased with that. Then they go over what you can and can't it. It took about 2 hours all up.

excited,

i went in to mercy yesterday (thursday) it also took 2 hours. my fasting was 6.2, 1 hour was 8 and 2 hour was 8.2. i went through the diet etc and how everything works.

i have done 3 tests so far. went over on the first 2 and under in the last one.

angel