Thread: Present for the girl who's got it all

Default Present for the girl who's got it all

Ok.... I need help.... Urgent HELP!!!

My DD'd godmother aka my BF and I have set a limit on $$ for this Christmas, as we are tight for cash and she is saving to go OS... We have a $50 limit that we are allowed to spend, but I have no idea where to start...

Voucher is totally out of the question, I think it's too impersonal for her being GM and my BF... I was going to get her an ipod shuffle, but she just bought a mega huge ipod... then I thought jewellery, but she wears mostly fasion jewellery and chnages style with the fashion... I thought a nice photo in frame but she wont want to take too much of that stuff OS, as she'll be gone for atleast 12 months...

She is one of those girls that has everything, if she wants something she goes out and gets it IYKWIM!!!

So any ideas would be much appreciated... her and her partner are going to Asia for a few months before settling in London to work/travel etc. They plan on leaving mid next year... if that helps any???

Thanx HEAPS in advance

i too recently had a dilemma as to what to buy a friend who has everything.
    then i discovered, and am now hooked on myself, the store "lush"
    you can get some lovely pamper packs tehre, which she is sure to use up before she goes overseas!
    tip = get something for yourself too, i highly recommend the massage bars - i have popped mine in the cupboard and now my whole wardrobe smells, well, lush!

I take that back!
    Lush pride themselves on being organic - and i just read the ingredients on the wrapper of a soap i bought yesterday, and there is sodium laurel sulfate listed right there!
    I am disgusted, never getting my business again!

Maybe you could get them something for when they are overseas like a ride on the Millenium wheel in London or entry tickets to Madame Tousards or somthing like that. It is definately something they won't have yet.

Or something for travelling like a travel alarm clock or really funky tags for their luggage or funky eyemask for the plane.

Yep Caro, thats the one i bought, it smells so yummy, i thought i could trust em, never thought to check!
    sticking to alchemy from now on
    we should start a different thread...

I agree with the luggage tags (Georg Jensen do beautiful, classy tags) or maybe a travel pack with practical things - UK adaptor, padlock for luggage, a pocket-sized photo of the two of you (and/or your DD), a funky toiletry bag for the plane with mini toothbrush and toothpaste, little deodorant, tic tacs, etc. All the stuff you need on a 19+ hour flight!!

How about a cover for the ipod? there is a website where you can personalise them & choose the colours etc. Or is she taking a Laptop with here, I have seen the most gorgeous laptop covers out recently. Or I would agree with some funky travel tags, or a new toiletries bag perhaps.

You can also get really nice and funky passport covers - they look great

What about a Lonely Planet book.

Thanks guys... Some of those ideas will be great for when they do go...

She just bought the lonely planet guide...

I am going to buy her a star pendant... each point will represent one of us, her, me, DD, DH and new bub... that way we will alwys be with her... I think that I'll get her a UK adaptor too!

what about a travel diary - mine was invaluable when i moved to london - i got it from a book store & its great for holding all your info in the one spot plus she can jot down what she is doing while travelling