Thread: I made a hair clip holder!

Default I made a hair clip holder!

Woot! I just have to put the ribbon on, but have to wait for it to arrive in the mail first, hopefully Monday! I guess it's not too bad for a first attempt, but could be better...there is a spot in the bottom left hand corner where some glue leaked through the fabric, hopefully it might scratch out, or at least be mostly covered with some ribbon.

I don't know if I wasn't using the glue gun right, or if it was just being a dog, but it wasn't working how I thought it would and seemed to take ages for the glue to come out, then it would come out in a big blob, whereas it was perfectly happy rhythmically dripping onto the floorboards
    So the front of the frame is a bit lumpy with dried glue, it was practically drying faster than it was coming out! I guess from a distance you probably won't notice it but I'm still a bit disappointed, although proud of what I've done, I think it looks quite good!

smiles4u Guest

Smile

... well this got my attention cause i think i may have a hairclip fetish for my sweet DD cause she now owns 3 hairclip holders to hold ALL her hairclips

good on you for having a go at making one ... something i should have thought about doing

Ohhh would love to see a pic of the finished product when you get the ribbon on.
    I am going to make 1 each for my girls when i get my butt into gear as we have a bit of a hairclip addiction here too... We have a huggies wipes container (the flip top ones) FULL of hairties and hairclips and thats NOT including the really pretty ones on makeshift holders at the moment

great work for giving it a go!

Finished it tonight, pic for you ZF Login | Facebook

Now just have to attempt to make some of my own clips! I think the clips I bought are slightly wrong though...they are alligator clips but have teeth (flat top) and a kind of triangle shaped bottom...they are also a bit hard to open so hopefully i don't end up snapping DD's head off

Ohhhh cute, it looks great! BG and i had been discussing HOW we are going to make ours, i was thinking of doing mine on a canvas, then i commented that the girls had a big pink frame i have no pics in yet... was thinking about leaving the frame pink and covering the backing board.... hmmmm what to do what to do you have me thinking.