Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Cards and Decorations....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Our tree and decorations will go up on the 1st too. Considering decorating the outside of the house for once too. Getting very excited over here, I'm sure it will be hell though, I expect between Jonah and Dougal (cat) the tree will be laying down most of the time instead of standing.

LOL Bec..think ours will be the same.

We put ours up on the 1st of December too..yeeehar...cant wait!

Jo

Well our tree usually goes up on pagent weekend, but have been too busy and DH is sick. We go full on. Our tree is covered with stuff and i refuse to have tinsel, I always had cheap n tacky stuff as we had no money when i was young so i bought really nice things to use. Plus tinsel isnt good for cats. Ozzie, dont worry, our cats poo just ends up a bit glittery sometimes, if hes been eating the glittery ballballs. Holly wreath on the door.
    We have all the lights on the windows and have fairy lights around the place. It looks pretty spectacular as we dont have any street lights were we live.

DH told me last year we couldnt buy things at the sales...haha guess who had a trolley full of xmas things! LOL so lots of new things to open and put up.

Plenty of cards to send, but am thinking of doing some of my own photography and making some. I spent ages making cards last year using lots of scrapbooking. I suaully put some in the courier at work so I dont have to pay postage!

I guess im not sure about this christmas with so many family members sick as well. I just hope they make it iukwim.

This year I'm going to put all the family addresses onto the computer and print labels for card envelopes - that way, when we sent out birth cards a couple of months later, all the hard work is done. I'll have to start that soon as it will take me a day to do - we send about 40-50 cards each year. And I write a "newsletter" thing to go in the cards of people we don't catch up with often, like the more obscure uncles and aunts, or old school-friends that are just "card-friends" now. That's all sent out on the first weekend in December with Christmas stamps on the cards.

We usually do the Christmas Shopping the weekend after the credit card bill comes in, so that's the 9th of December this year (making sure we only spend what we've put aside, but we like earning interest for another couple of months), then on the Sunday I'll put up the trees. I put up as much as I can; we have two trees, a 6'6 one for the sitting room and a 2' one for the bedroom; the big one is all in gold and the 2' one in orange with built-in fibroptic lights. My sister has my old 1' fibroptic one, have to reclaim that after this year for Liebling's room! We also have a little electric candelabra thing for the bedroom. Oh, so looking forward to having the candles flickering, the tree going and me sitting in bed watching the Christmas films on the little TV! All snug and warm with my pyjamas and hot water bottle and not out in the snow!

After that I clear the mantlepiece, top of the TV, cabinet, computer hollow... any spaces I can find really, in preparation for the cards we receive. Haven't needed to pin bits of thread to the walls yet... that will be exciting when that happens!

The decorations usually come down the weekend between New Year and Epiphany... which isn't going to happen this year, so they'll come down on the 4th.

The First Sunday in Advent marks the start of me reading the Christmas Story whilst sat around an open fire... this year I have my belly to read it to as well! I love Advent! I also love the chocolate calendars - well, Liebling needs one and the only way to get the chocolate into Liebling is for me to eat it. So that may well mean I need two calendars, one for Liebling and one for me. I best start learning the bits I forget in Twas the night before Christmas too.

Carols will be fun this year: I like God rest ye, Merry Gentlemen and Liebling adores O, Holy Night. Liebs better like The Happiest Christmas Tree because there's not way I'm not playing that fifty times in a row.

I love Christmas. *sings*It's Christmas in Heaven/There's great films on TV/The Sound of Music twice an hour/And Jaws 1, 2 and 3!

First weekend in December here as well, although I'm thinking of taking Zander's CHristmas pictures for cards/email this week.

Yepo, first weekend in Dec. Going to be very pregnant this year so i'm not feeling like doing anything at all! I'm sure it will come though. Usually i'm really excited but this year i'm just tired and wanting to get this baby out and i'm only 32 weeks!

We do the tree and then a half hearted effort with the rest of the house. The Christmas songs come out Dec 1st though - GO SLADE!!!

Our tree and deccy's go up on 1st Dec as well...

moving to home, house and money

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12