Thread: Christmas Presents for Carer's

Default Christmas Presents for Carer's

For those of you with children in Child Care - just wondering if you buy your child's carers a gift 9something small) for Christmas? I would like to buy something for DD's two regular carers but DH thinks it may be inappropriate and discouraged by the centre. It is an ABC centre if that helps. What are your thoughts?

TIA

MG

I am not going to tell you what to do, but here is my plan
    I am not going to give the carers gifts, instead I am giving her "class" a gift. Not sure what yet, but maybe a kids CD or some new toys or new spit towels or some educational wall posters.
    HTH

give them grog! they need it after looking after kids-lol
    or maybe a coffee cup each
    i always have given my kids teacher/etc something!
    HTH
    odette

I've always given my carers presents
    When DD left daycare i took her three main cares a bunch of flowers each and a card to tell them how apprecaited they were

I have always given the daycare ladies/teachers a pressie at Christmas and Easter. A little photo frame, or a nice christmas deco or something to say thank you. I don't see why it would be inappropriate? Even if they have a different cultural background and don't celebrate christmas surely it's OK to give something as part of your tradition?

Peach Guest

As a child care worker the best gift at Chirstmas is a thoughtfully written card. I have kept 100's of mine because they hold sentimental value to me! A bottle of red is always nice too!

Jen

i always give them something - usually edible like chocolate or a christmas cake

MG I think its a lovely thought to give them something as they do such a wonderful job caring for our kids. For the past 3 years I have given a card and then purchased a book (which I write something nice on the inside). The carers really loved the idea and the one I bought last year is still being read to the kids now, its one of their favourite.

I usually give a card & some homemade Christmas treats... like rockyroad etc...my best friend is in child care & usually is given heaps of treats so this year I think a red would be nice.

Thanks girls! I will def get them each something - they have done a lot for us this year and I would like to recognise that.

MG

MG, my sister is a preschool teacher & each year they end up with lots of presents. Mostly they get chockies or some sort of Christmas-y lollies or biscuits. Her absolute favourites though have been a little glass angel or magnet, keyring etc with a teacher saying on it "my favourite teacher" or "our best teacher". Very simple & pretty cheap, but these are the things she loves & she remembers which child gave her which present even four years later