Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Stockings?

Default Christmas Stockings?

I was talking to Cailin last night & we were discussing what goes into Christmas Stockings / Santa Sacks. For me, the stocking is about lots of little bits & pieces, nothing expensive, so it feels like they are getting lots of pressies but it's not costing Santa a fortune When we were growing up it was the same, always little bits & pieces. There was one rule though & Santa never bought us bubble gum (my dad hates it ).

So far Santa will be bringing for Zander's stocking:
    * Bubbles ($1.50)
    * Soap Crayons (3 at $1 each)
    * A CD which has a book with the words & actions ($3)
    * Car ($2)
    * Socks (2 at $2 each)
    * Choc Coins ($1)
    * Lolly Pop (50c)
    * Nemo Figurine ($1)
    * Nemo Cup ($2.50)
    (most of these were from $2 shops, can you tell!)

I think he might also add to that:
    * Toothbrush & Toothpaste
    * Pyjamas
    * Small Doll (Zander is obsessed with babies ATM)

So what does Santa put in stockings when he comes to your house?

Also, do mummy & daddy get a stocking? I was thinking of getting some unusual lollies for Aaron & doing him a little stocking. A few things from eBay that I can't find in Australia, like cinnamon Tic Tacs (he loves cinnamon) and some of the different American lollies for him to try.

our kids is usually small toys, and clothes.... can't have clothes coming from mummy or daddy cause that would be way uncool books etc etc.

Kameron is getting some books, a few jigsaw puzzles (all space related ) simpsons winter jacket, and a new dressing gown in his. We also want to buy him a memory card for his K-Kam but not sure if that will be from us as a seperate thing or from santa yet.

Lachlan has a simpson winter jacket and I still need to finish his off

Ashton has a few toys and some clothes.

Love

Debbie Lee Guest

We had massive stocking when we were kids so our regular prezzies were put in there I do recall having smaller stockings when we were a bit older. They were usually filled with lollies and small things.
    I might have to do one for Gab this year... I'll just copy you, Sarah

I usually put in buckets and shovels and colouring-in books and pencils and anything else I might find that doesn't cost a lot.. little cars ect.. I also wrap them all individually

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Nic that's a cute idea! Always feels like you've got more when you've got to unwrap each thing

it makes a huge mess lol but last year it was awesome and I bought one great big stocking/sack and they just tore into that rather then single stocking

Deb, you can copy my ideas, some of them were Cailin's to start with so I cn't take all the credit

LOL I got Emerson a christmas stocking but wasn't going to put anything in it haha! I don't have anything small enough that would be appropriate for a bub his age! Great ideas here for next year though!

When I was a kid our stockings (which were the traditional sock type) were always filled with lollies, underwear, batteries (for those toys that never come with them!) and that's about it. Mind you - there were a stack of lollies in them. My Mum would start buying lollies in about June! Both my parents also had a stocking which had stuff like undies. DH and I have decided when we do stockings for our kiddies (when the time comes) there won't be any lollies in them but they will get little things like batteries, toy cars - things of that general size.

MG

We always got little toys but also.
    *Apple
    *Orange
    *Handful of mixed nuts with shells on
    Anything silly my dad could find on Christmas Eve

Never had the stocking as a kid, but have bought really beautiful ones last year, didnt put anything in them, just more for decoration really.

Nothing says Christmas like a belly ache after too many lollies

BUt defiantly will if we ever have kids

Sarah - you sound like you have the same attitude as me with this one. I feel that santa brings little nifty things, and mum and dad give you the proper presents.
    Shane is the opposite. He used to have santa sacks with his kids, and pile all sorts of stuff in there. Luckily for me - Shane had this with his other kids, and so I get the say this time around
    Jenna is getting some musical instruments, probably a couple of books, some lollies maybe? I might get her a cup, and maybe a couple of smaller toys, possibly some more Schleich animals cause she loves them. Probably an apple, and we always got 50c right at the bottom of the sock.
    My parents always spent about $40 I spose on stockings, and then we got about $100-$150 worth of proper presents.
    We were allowed to open our stockings as soon as we woke up Christmas morning, but then no presents until after breakfast, and they were opened as a family.

I love Christmas And by the way.... we still get Santa stockings.....

DH and I are doing "hand-made" stocking stuff for our babies. So they'll get a wooden toy, like a car or a jigsaw puzzle; a soft toy, like a hand-sewn bear/doll; an orange; nuts (assuming they're not allergic)... not really thought it all out yet! But that will be for primary school only, after that we'll just do tree things from DH and me.

My parents still make stocking up for DH, me and my sister! They're full of things like bathroom cleaners, a selection box, facial clensers, a film for me and sis, a hand-held computer game for DH... but we don't get big presents from my parents. We get stocking stuff. With DH's family, we get the films/cds/tools in a box from them.

I'd rather do the big gifts from us and "elf-made" things from St. Nicholas.

We used to get the most awesome Santa stockings from Mum. There is nothing that wasn't in there. Of course there were a heap of lollies, chocolate coins are a must. Plus then we would get those mixed lolly stockings inside, popper juices, packets of chips, little toys and so much more. Our munchies we got in there were to do us for the holidays. Of course we never lasted.

My kids all get stockings but not for us. In the big boys ones, I find them hard to stash, I will put lollies in there (choc coins too) the pre packed lolly stockings, batteries for toys. CD's and games for playstation or xbox, whichever machine they have happening that year. If I have some extra cash I will pop someinto a Christmas card and stick that in there for them too.

Noah's stocking will have toy car's, some lollies, books, maybe some new glasses, pencils, any thing else small and nifty to go in there.

Not 100% sure what I will put in Tehya's. Little girls toys aren't as small, dollies tend to be a bit bigger than car's. Oh yeah, I got some of those roll on soaps from Avon to go in Noah and Tehya's stocking. Might get her a new toothbrush too. Probably some hair ties and clips for her, maybe a new hairbrush for her too. Hmm I did get some idea's out there for Teh afterall.

Chocolate coins!! I forgot about them! My Gran used to always make little stockings for us with then inside. When we got a bit bigger, we got a Terry's chocolate orange too.

I usually do stocking type stuff for friend's children and as we used to live near Footscray, I found the Vietnamese-run variety shops the BEST place for cheap but cheery bits and pieces. I'll have to check out the Box Hill ones for this year.

LOL Santa must really love his chocolate coins, because everyone I speak to has said that they are a must in the stockings I've also seen this year silver coins & they are white chocolate inside *drool*

I like the idea of batteries for toys, smart thinking there guys.

Fi, Santa delivers toys as well as stockings here! All presents are from Santa & only one from mum & dad. Isuppose it depends on what you grew up with as to how you do it with your own kids.

Debbie Lee Guest

We were the same, Sarah. Santa delivered pretty much all the presents except for 1 from Mum and Dad and the ones from family (like Nan and Pop). Mum still puts her presents under the tree as being from Santa, LOL. I get the feeling she thoroughly enjoyed Christmas when we were kids. Actually... considering she never had much money, she did a darn good job! I guess having 4 kids to buy for always made Chrissy morning look magical cos there were sooooooo many presents under the tree!

LOL, same Deb!! Mum still does stockings for the my sisters & brother (not for us this year cos I am doing them) and has presents from Santa too. She Christmas mad, which might be where I get it from

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast