Thread: keepsake christmas gift?

Default keepsake christmas gift?

Hi everyone, We are looking for ideas for a keepsake gift for our daughters first christmas. We figure all our family will get the toys and fun stuff so we'd like to get her something like a keepsake. All ideas welcome!
    Thanks,
    Laura

A Christmas ornament is always a lovely idea, not the el cheapo ones, but a really good quality one, maybe even with her name on it.

We've bought the Hallmark ornaments for Jesse (from Target).. theres one that you can put their photo in that says Baby's First Christmas 2006 on it. Theres also a boys and girls 1st christmas too and then others that continue on each year until theyre 5. We're also getting a Christmas ball with his name on it and 2006 on the back to go with our mum and dad ones. I think theyre all just a nice little idea to keep and put up every year.

I saw some lovely first Christmas 2006 in blue or pink at David Jones. You can usually get special ones painted for you in major shopping centres just before Christmas. I have thought of getting one for Riley but we didn't get one for the 2 girls so it might be abit mean lol.

We do the baby's first christmas ornaments, but we actually get 2 of them (different ones). One goes on the tree and the other in their keepsake box just in the case the one on the tree is ever accidently dropped.

Love

i too got the hallmark christmas decorations & will get one every year till eliana leaves home - then i will give them to her to keep

We do the same Mel. Every year since Viv was born, and now for Blake too. It's something that I've started for my family and I hope it continues as a tradition for their children in the future.

A money box, Jewellery box , Christmas ornament or maybe a Christmas snow globe .

I forgot to mension.. i got a Baby's First Christmas stocking also from Myer. Myer has a whole lot of different things in baby blue or baby pink that say baby's first christmas on them inc bears and ornaments etc

Hello, Someone gave us a little tiny pair of slippers (with santas on them) to DD to wear on her first christmas, so I painted her initials on the bottom in gold paint and that has become her special first Christmas keepsake that we hang on the tree every year.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by caro View Post
    I got one too for our daughter in 2003 Divine just divine and at least I couldnt drop and break that one
    Hey Caro,
    Was the rocking horse a Hallmark one? I just did a search on ebay and there is some from 2005 on there. Try typing in "Rocking Horse Christmas Ornament".

thanks everyone, some great ideas.

Bummer. I didnt have any mail? Do you know if it had a brand on it? Im usually pretty good at finding things on the internet people want

Mail box all fixed
    Ah ok.. You dont happen to have a picture of it do you? Have had a search online and there seems to be lots of different styles, but will have a look for you at the Myer in Penrith when i get down there this week. They have hundreds of ornaments so you never know Will let you know how i go.

I'm buying my DD Ella and one for my bub-on-the-way a gorgeous crystal Christmas tree ornament from Swarvoski Crystal this year. They have a good selection- and baby appropriate ornaments too. Ella was given a bauble with her name on it last year - so my plan is to buy a special ornament for each child every year and keep them in their own special boxes. Then as they get older they can place their own ornaments on the tree (we had something similar when we were growing up and thought we were so special with our own things and really treasured them).

Hmm not sure.. my inbox is clear is yours full perhaps?