thread: not toys??

Nov 2009

not toys??

so ive just received all the catelogues for the kmart, big W and target toy sales. i cant find one thing in there that i really feel my kids will love!! so DS1 will be 2 in October, DS2 is 1 in December and then of course there is christmas but we are going back to Perth over chrissy and new years to see our families so have limited room whilst travelling, so with all that in mind what is something we can get the boys that for birthdays and christmas that will be of any use

Mar 2009

Books are always good or maybe new swimmers and towels ready for summer? Could also include hats! Purposeful clothes are always a bit of a hit here - gumboots? Raincoats? Chef hat and apron? Maybe with some kid sized cooking equipment or a simple recipe book? Dress ups also!

Mar 2006

I'm in exactly the same predictament here too. DD (5 years) is getting a new bike but that's all I got. DS is 3 years next week and I have no idea what to get him for his birthday. And completely and utterly lost for DS2 who will be 1 ten days before Christmas.

Christmas is going to a small one here this year.

Let's hope someone has some ideas for us.

Dec 2008

My kids always made the best use of outdoor toys like bikes, cubby houses, swings, pools etc.

Jan 2011
    ~~Off With The Fairies~~

Arts and crafts!!!!

Riot Art has a sale atm

It keeps them busy, and it gives you a lil memento as well

Oct 2006
    Melbourne

We gave DS a little mower and wheelbarrow for his 2nd birthday last September. He LOVES them! He also loves his gardening tools. What about a water/sand table?

Art/craft supplies like Nikky said is always fun. Or trains, cars are always a hit for little boys (and girls!). Those little pop up tents are great and they fold up small if you want to take it away. My kids love to play in theirs.

We always do clothes as well. Bathers, hats, shoes, PJ's etc which they will need anyway.

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Books until they come out their ears.

Jigsaws.

A clock.

Hooded towel.

Dressing gown and slippers.

Outdoor chalk.

Crayons, construction paper, stensils.

Fancy umbrella - whether a frilly one, or one of those ones with eyes on top.

A bag.

Jan 2012
    Western Suburbs Melbourne

not toys??

Aldi have some great wooden toys coming up.

Jan 2011
    ~~Off With The Fairies~~

Aldi have some great wooden toys coming up.
    I'm off to Aldi shortly to purchase a *breakfast kit* for Miss H's Kitchen/Cafe ... hopefully can hide it from her!

Jan 2012
    Western Suburbs Melbourne

Yeah get in quick - Aldi sell out like lightening! Also check the contents before you leave - will save hassles later!!

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

Educational things that encourage imaginative play (lego, wooden blocks, etc).

Nov 2009

thanks everyone, i already had books as an idea coz Cooper LOVES them and despite having at least 50 we've read them all 100s of times. and i always get them clothes that are fitting with the season. i have found a few things in the target catelogue that i like the look of, there is the little tikes basketball ring, the matchbox steer and store fire truck, the cars 2 remote control lightning mcqueen (cooper is a HUGE lightning fan and loves DHs remote control helicoptor and car so that will be a huge hit) and a wooden chalk board/whiteboard with storage containers. so along with books and clothes i think that will be plenty for birthdays AND christmas thanks for all your suggestions!! my babies are definately outdoor lovers so all of these toys can be either inside or outside so it works well