Thread: Dreamworld for 2 yr old????

Lovenhope Guest

Default Dreamworld for 2 yr old????

Hi all,

We are just about to head to Brisbane for a holiday & was wondering whether it would be worth the $$ to travel to Dreamworld (for wiggles world)for the day! DS is almost 2 and a half. Not sure of how much there is for him to do there??
    Opinions appreciated.

Haven't been there for years so can't comment. I took DD2 to Sea world at that age and she loved that. Took DD1to Movie World at 2 and she cried the whole time LOL

Lovenhope Guest

Thanks mrsmac- someone else mentioned seaworld to me, but DS loves wiggles so much. Have a few more days to research and decide.

My boys (3 and nearly 2) have recently been to both SeaWorld and Dreamworld (due to ILs taking nieces/nephews while they were up visiting so we tagged along with the boys). They loved both. Seaworld obviously has the appeal with seals, dolphins etc but the shows are too long for the boys. Dreamworld they really enjoyed too, with the tigers and the kiddy rides (sea world has kiddy rides too but wiggles world is great and has a whole section which the boys could have played in for hours LOL). I think either would be fine for a 2yo. As long as you're prepared to spend lots of time doing what what he enjoys. Suits me as I hate rides anyway LOL, in fact the kiddy ones are just my speed!!

Lovenhope Guest

Thanks MantaRay. The kiddy rides are probably enough for me at the moment too. DS being the only child at the moment will be totally spoilt anyway. We will have fun watching him have fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

Please let us know how your trip goes. I hope you and your DS have an awesome time, i hope to take my almost 2.5 year old soon too

I Just stumbled across this thread and thought id have a lil read! I am taking DS 2 to dreamworld in 3 weeks times i was also tossing up dreamworld and seaworld, as he would prob love both! But i no i love dreamworld he he and they also have Nik central there!

We went in Januray this year when Zander was 2 months short of three. He had an absolute blast!! We didn't have a pram with us, so we hired one which was the best idea because he got tired walking between all the different areas. He loved Wiggles World & the Nickelodeon section. Some of the rides in Nickelodeon were too big for him, but there were lots he could go on. The ball area was good, but there were too many big kids in there being rough. There is an area in Wiggles World that's just like a regular play centre (ride in cars, toys, slides etc) which he loved & so did I for the rest!! Other things he loked were the tigers, the train ride round the park, petting zoo & the big paddle wheeler. The lining up was a bit boring for him so I stayed in the lines while he ran around with daddy away from the line or vice versa. We stayed from 10am until about 3pm when he was exhausted!