Thread: Dreamworld

Question Dreamworld

Hi

just wondering if anyone has taken their kids to Dreamworld?
    i am taking the kids to qld in july and im thinking of taking them there, but it will cost me $232.00 to get in ( 4 kids, 1 baby & me), i dont really want to waste my money if the kids only get a couple of rides each, its so much money, and that doesnt include all the food and drink they will eat.....the kids are 14-9years old.

any experiences good or bad greatly appreciated

thanks

Hi Chrissy,

Your kids will LOVE dreamworld! I live on the Gold Coast and used to be a travel consultant so I know a fair bit about the themeparks and gold coast area (because I live here too mainly!). How many days have you got here? If you have 3 or 4 days, you would get excellent value out of the 3-park super pass which gives you unlimited entry into all 3 theme parks (movie world, wet n wild and seaworld) however dreamworld is a separate themepark meaning its not part of the "warner bros" group. so its not included in the deal.
    Dreamworld is good value if you want to spend 2 days there and pay an extra $5 per person approx and you get 2 days instead of 1!!! It is a pretty big park so if you can spend 2 days there then you will get to see it all without rushing. There is so much in Dreamworld for the kids.. they'll love it.
    If you need any more advice just ask. Sorry it's been a few years since i left the travel industry so I'm not too sure about prices and deals (not up to date anyway!!)
    Have fun!

CatherineL Guest

I live just about 5mins up the freeway from Dreamworld.. and i can say from when i was a child, i absolutely loved it! Actually i still do...

There are animals and stuff to feed there, kids shows on - if they take there togs they can go for a swim, train rides and a whole heap of fun stuff.. and the rides are brilliant - although i think there are some big kid rides there now that might not be suitable. Just a word of caution though.. It is always packed on school holidays, so lines are unreal... But obviously you know, rides are unlimited so the kids can jump on as many rides as they please!

thanks for that ren and catherine

i am actually not staying at the gold coast i will be staying somewhere near caboulture,(my IL are there), so i will only have one day to visit a Theme park, and i have been told that dreamworld is the best value( but i really have no idea).

i am taking them to australia zoo, which isnt far from where im staying, but i have no idea what else i can do with them.........any suggestions?

i have not been to qld for years

thanks

Chrissy,
    oh they will LOVE it so much! Yes, i think Dreamworld is the best day out because there is so much for kids (and adults!!) you can't get bored. the other parks are great but not as much variety there i don't think.
    Thing is, you CAN'T swim at Dreamworld anymore (used to be able to but they took it away) because there is a new water park out the front of dreamworld called "White Water World" which is another admission fee. It's not as good as Wet N Wild though. it's smaller and about $43 pretty expensive for what it is so i don't recommend it...however other people may have different opinions... if you want to swim then Wet N wild is worth it. thats just up the road from Dreamworld and next to Movieworld. Seaworld on the other hand is near Surfers Paradise so about 20mins away east.

Aust Zoo at Sunshine Coast isn't far from Caboolture and they'll have lots of fun there! It's a really good day out... (poor Steve ) it's sad... but you wouldn't see him there even if you went a year ago. i think he was always away on trips.

If you only have a day at Gold Coast then dreamworld will take up most of your day (in fact all of it).

Where else can you spend time at? As in location? Sunshine or Gold coast? and then I can tell you where you could try.

im only staying at caboulture area, its much cheaper saying with the ILs, so i heve no idea whats around there?

thinking maybe take them for a trip out to tangalooma for the day, but it will be winter, and not sure if they will get to bored just hanging on the island waiting for th boat to leave IYKWIM

gee i sould so un organised

thanks

im heading to Dreamworld tomorrow! so ill let you know how it goes!

Chrissy,
    Tangalooma is really nice. If you want to take them to the beach (just to look at least) Bribie Island is a nice little beach town not far from Caboolture. not too sure whats around that area, not much...really... its kinda half way from Bris and Sunshine Coast. What about Under Water World? that's about 30mins north of caboolture approx at Mooloolaba that's fun for kids... and also the Big Pineapple too is at sunshine coast

we went to all the theme parks on our qld xmas holiday! the kids loved dreamworld the best. between wiggles world and all their fave characters walking around they had a blast!! as an adult i found the food terribly expensive ( we ended buying a healthy meal from the wiggles cafe) and you have to pay for some entertainment on top of entry fee, but all in all we loved it!

If you're staying at Caboolture, you're only really 25 minutes from Bribie Island. If you drive to Woorim, which is on the far side of the island, it's a surf beach where the kids could have a swim, or Bongaree/Bellara on the near side of the island are very calm and gentle (no surf).

There are also some nice national parks around the area, if the kids would be interesting in bushwalking/picnics - there are walks up near Montville/Maleny (about 3/4hr from Caboolture) and Kilcoy (also about 3/4 hr from Caboolture).

DH and I go at least once a year and my best suggestion? Go on a Tuesday (or at least a weekday) when there are less people there. If you go on a weekend or even a Monday or Friday, you will spend most of the day queuing up for the rides.

Dreamworld is my favourite theme park. You wont be disappointed. Some people make some sandwiches the night before, freeze them and take them with them for lunch. Your kids can have these for lunch and maybe have some hot chips or a hot dog or fairy floss at some stage as a treat.

thanks so much girls you are all a great.......

well after all your advice:

definatly going to

australia zoo
    big pineapple
    under water world
    bribee island(sp)

maybe

tangalooma

if funds reach that far:
    definatly

dreamworld........was going to go on a tuesday (qld school kids go back on the mon) so hoping it wont be sooooooo busy......i think whe kids will have a ball, just hoping that i will have money left so i can take them as that will be my last day in qld

oh and annie i will try my best to catch up

Chrissy - just back from Dreamworld!!!

Ill email you soon!!

so exhausted, had a wonderful day!!

only dissapointment was not being able to break into Big Bro house....lol

Chrissy,
    Whatever you decide to do, you'll have lots of fun!!! If you get the chance to go to Mooloolaba, visit Under Water World! the kids will love it. it's lots of fun.
    - the website is fun!!!! google underwater world and it will come up (wasnt sure if i am allowed to put website on this as its an URL?)
    and the restaurants along the beach there are excellent like one of the girls said, they are really nice and it's a good stroll along the beach with lots of shops, cafes etc
    have fun!

I'm near Caboolture, just down the road. There's also Alma Park Zoo not far from Caboolture. There's also coffee with us girls in the area ya know lol.

Yeah Shannon, go to Alma Park. I'm at North Lakes and often take our relatives there when they come to visit as it is so close by. They have a great petting zoo with baby animals (well, they did when I was last there in 2005).

thanks for all the input girls

Shannon, it's great there! I haven't been in years, but I had a lot of fun last time I went. How come you and Tonydayl live so close to me and we haven't had coffee or anything yet?? I need some adult interaction in my area cos I can't find a mother's group nearby