Thread: Flights To New Zealand

Default Flights To New Zealand

Does anyone know if we`d be best to book our flights to New Zealand now or should we wait till about a month beforehand?

We`re thinking of going over in March.

This will be my first trip back home since we arrived in Australia in 1980, I`m excited and nervous about going back.

Dee, how exciting for you......i'm sure you will have a great time, you might not want to come back,lol.

Sorry i can't help with your question but i just wanted to say enjoy your holiday.

I would book probably a couple of months before you wish to go. Just incase everyone decides to go over there iykwim?

I think it depends on the season Dee. My ILs went in Sep and booked a couple of months ahead. At the time there were huge specials on and they saved a heap of money. To get the special they had to stay 3 extra nights from their original plan, but even after paying for the extra accommodation and hire car, it was still a lot cheaper than coming back on the day they had originally planned. It would be worth checking out the web every couple of days and it might also be worth speaking to a travel agent to see when the specials are usually announced. I hope you have a great time, it sounds so exciting for you.

When we went about 3years ago it was in Feb & it was a last minute decision to go as we found out a long time family friend was sick. I had just started a new job & wasn't too keen about approaching the boss about it, anywho Dad rang me each day for an answer as with in a week flights had gone up $200!! So if you see a good deal or something you can afford I would book it.
    As someone at Qantas exp to me once, they have certain amount of seats for each price range, you can see the different price range & whats available online. The flights themselves dont go up in price, the cheaper seats get filled first & as they get fuller the next lot of seats get more exp...IYKWIM. So you should be able to go online & see what looks available for that time & if the cheaper one's are available I would book them now, as apart from some great offer coming up...you run the risk a heap of people book the only cheaper seats before you book yours & you get stuck having to pay more. HTH.