Thread: Germany or Spain??

Default Germany or Spain??

I have 4 days at the end our trip to decide what we are going to do. Which would you recommend? We will be spending 2 days in Germany about 3 weeks before, so we will have some time there but not much. It will be the second week of July (so it should be good summer weather!!).

DH wants to go to Germany & I want to go to Spain, so we are both preparing our for & against cases to be presented to each other later this week so we can make a decision!! LOL

SPAIN, EVERYTIME!!!!

never been there but to me Spain seems more different than here, Travelling for me is about doing, seeing & experiencing stuff I cant at home....

Spain, Just tell him I said so....!! Hee hee

I have always had a thing for Germany, so my vote is for there! I've only spent a few days there and one day will get back there

I did love Spain (mind you loved Germany too) but like Tracey said, Spain is more different. I felt like I was in Mexico (even though haven't been there). Depends what parts you want to go to, I think the smaller towns are the best, but I did like Madrid and Barcelona too. xoxo

I vote for Germany, but I am not a real beach kinda person, and TBH I would skip Spain and go to Portugal if I was.

OOOh well Webbmeg we did our best... LOL....

Well if you are already going to Germany at the start - it would only be fair that you get to go to Spain. Argument ended... tee hee.

I have been to Germany and Spain both, a number of times.

I worked in Spain for a while too.

As the others have said, they are really really different in terms of culture, scenery, temperature.

In the 2nd week of July you will get great weather in both, but that is just before the majority of European school summer holidays, so you may find some resort areas of Spain choccas with UK tourists.

That said, if you want a "beachy /end of trip /relax on the beach/resort-like" type few days, you cannot go past Spain. I would reommend the TerragonaSalou/Cambrils area which is very close to great sights and close to Barcelona, and good clean plentiful family accomodation & fantastic beaches and restaurants.

If you want more serious "sight seeing"/art/culture, then head back to Germany.

If it were me, I'd be heading to Spain everytime!

(I am envious BTW!!)

Wooo Hoo, thanks Lulu & Lucy... Look better still give me the trip & I'll go to Spain!!! hee hee (Via a long stay in bali!)

This is great.......gives me plenty to think about. The reason I was thinking Spain was that I wanted a nice relaxing end to what is going to be a very busy 5 weeks!! But I do also want to see more of Germany.......this is going to be hard.......

Tracey.......you can take the plane ride for me, my anxiety levels go through the roof just thinking about how long I am going to be on a plane for (or the amount of times I have to fly during the whole trip). Confined spaces and lil_chookie are not friends!! LOL

Hmmm, as tempting as it is.... NO!

Not if I cant realx & enjoy it too, however, I will look after your DP... Ummm, what dates though, coz I have an appointment late July!???

hi jane.. when are you off overseas.. DH and I fly out on the 30th April for nearly 10 weeks... Leis x

lil_chookie, in making the decision I'd ask spreken sie deutch? or palliamo espaniol? (yes, I know, I can speak the languages but not spell them.)

As for Spain, if you ignore the resort-type places you should avoid the worst of the Brits, just don't go near the themed pubs if you want to avoid the hooligan crowd. If you go near the Portugese border then you'll get some really nice arty, history type of things.

Germany, well, I find it all a bit samey (very little vegitation variation). The south-east is more friendly than the north or the west, worth bearing in mind if you go there. I'd try to get to Austria too, Austrians are usually more polite and friendly than Germans.

10 weeks Leis.......that is fantastic!! Only 5 for me but it is the longest holiday of my life and we are so looking for to being happy & free for a little while!! Only 75 sleeps to go (I counted today!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
    Ummm, what dates though, coz I have an appointment late July!???
    If you have Zyon a day before his due date I can assure you it is a really good day.....my birthday LOL!!

I'd happily go a day early, I do not wnat to ahve him on 23rd coz it's my not so nice sisters b'day!!! hee hee

Ryn, LOL, maybe you need to go to Italy instead! Hablar Espanol for Spain, Parlare Italiano for Italy
    Anyway, for my 2c worth...both countries have fabulous horses, so I'd be torn except for the fact that I'd be able to communicate in one country and only be able to drool at the horses in another (drool being an international language)...
    I'm trying to convince DP that we go to Spain or Italy before heading over for my cousin's wedding next January...I might have to post a similar thread when the time approaches to book flights!