Thread: Holidaying alone... where to? and how much?

Red face Holidaying alone... where to? and how much?

Firstly does anyone have any recommendations on where to go on holiday for 3 days mid week with no kiddies and no spouse? Where are good places to holiday on your own?

Secondly, where do you find relatively cheap but nice (if there is such a thing) accomodation? Im planning approximately 2-3 months in advance. Ive never planned my own holiday and never alone so ideas very welcome.

Thanks

Not sure where abouts you are, but I have gone down to canberra for a short trip away by myself. Last year I went to Floriade - ok, so I did take the youngest child, but we went for two nights and it cost $150 per night for a motel and we went shopping, did floriade and also did a walk around the lake. There are so many options in Canberra - museums, art gallery, shopping, or you could do something like the glassworks and make your own glass bauble etc. Decide where you want to go and then have a look on wotif, gostay or lastminute for accommodation. Or you could find out what things are on - maybe a show or a concert and base your trip around that.

Whoops, I should say im in NSW

Thanks for your super quick reply

LOL, no worries. If you live in a metro area, you could do a holiday at home - stay where you live, but book into a motel and do things you've always wanted to do without the kids - see a movie or do something that you've always been meaning to go and do or see but never done it kwim?

book into a health retreat for a few days rest and relaxation!
    i just googled health retreat nsw and there's heaps of options, quite a few wsith 3 day packages etc.
    what bliss...

Thank you for your lovely suggestions I shall go google and see what strikes my fancy

Sorrento in Vic - I did it last year for 3 or 4 days and LOVED it. I was withing walking distance to everything, had several treatments at the day spa, did loads of walking and hiking... I spent about $1500 for EVERYTHING but I also live a few hours from Sorrento. LOVED it. I go back regularly for day trips